Are you a marketing virtuoso with email marketing experience? Do you want to help shape and scale our rapidly growing B2C email marketing activities in a lead role?
Our member marketing and retention teams are looking for an email marketing manager to bring our email marketing to the next level. Working with different stakeholders and our email marketing tools, your challenge is to scale up the business contribution coming from email traffic effectively and efficiently.
In this role you’ll be responsible for managing the organisations email marketing campaigns, driving scalability and automation and maximising the revenue opportunities from the trivago member database.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Lead and develop a team of email marketing specialists.
- Develop and execute trivago’s email marketing strategy.
- Managing trigger email campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle to maximise repeat traffic and booking value.
- Plan and steer automatic email marketing journeys to improve and scale email traffic.
- Carrying out segmentation of the database and implementing remarketing strategies.
- MVT and A/B Testing on various email campaigns to establish the most effective and improvement opportunities.
- Manage a structured and prioritised communications plan, designing and iterating into the optimal balance of different messaging options
- Partner with our Marketing Solutions team to scale the impact of e-mail re-targeting across a user lifecycle
- Coordinate with different stakeholders across functions (e.g. design, BI, developers, membership) while balancing short and long-term performance.
- Working closely cross-pillar to develop a clear CRM strategy.
Who we’re looking for:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in email marketing, ideally for a leading email marketing or CRM program.
- Experience in scaling e-mail programs across multiple markets or products, demonstrating application of automation and efficient content strategies
- A confident and articulate communication style with the capability to inspire strong collaboration throughout the company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze data and recognize trends.
- An entrepreneurial and self-driven attitude that enables you to be proactive about proposing actions, projects and tests.
- A start-up attitude and the courage to risk failure in order to achieve success.
- An excellent eye for detail that enables you to spot both issues and opportunities.
- A degree in Marketing, Economics, Business Administration or in a related field.
What makes you stand out:
- Previous experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Exacttarget.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and SQL would be beneficial, but not a must.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.