Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About The Team
In this role, you will lead the Email Marketing program on the Performance Marketing team to drive acquisition and lead nurture efforts. You will partner closely with talented cross-functional teams in marketing, sales, finance, data science, and product to accomplish this. As we’re scaling our go-to-market and marketing efforts globally, we’re looking for a passionate, experienced, and outcome-driven lead to drive user acquisition and growth.
What you’ll do
Stripe is looking for an experienced and passionate team member to lead the strategy and outcomes of the email marketing program. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to directly impact Stripe’s growth story by helping users go live with Stripe.
The ideal candidate has a successful track record of building and measuring email marketing programs that drive growth, including some or all of the following: lead conversion, onboarding, nurture campaigns, data infrastructure, and events and webinars. You lead with data and are familiar with the latest tools for web and email analytics, and know how to create programs to leverage the insights and data you observe. You understand how to interpret both quantitative and qualitative information - including connecting with users - to understand what might work, and tweak your approach to optimize for outcomes.
- Manage email marketing efforts worldwide, including coordinating with regional teams.
- Strategy for email lead management, data infrastructure, deliverability, email builds, and segmentation
- Create reporting to measure the effectiveness and impact of email on acquisition and lead nurture.
- Partner with Global Campaigns to drive event and webinar attendance, and increase lead conversion.
- Generate insights from email to influence the customer journey and acquisition strategy at Stripe
- Develop a conversion rate optimization practice, including multivariate testing, personalization, and a data driven mindset to creating web experiences
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
Minimum Requirements (1-5)
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including 6+ years specifically focused on email marketing and expert knowledge of the channel.
- Deep understanding of complex, multi-channel user journey and funnel, sales cycle and product lifecycle and their respective pressures on the marketing organization to drive demand and revenue.
- Expert proficiency in MarTech, specifically including ESPs, CDPs, DMPs, CRM lists, marketing automation platforms, and CMS
- Expert proficiency in customer segmentation and personalization
- Expert proficiency in digital marketing best practices, including a/b testing, creative, and a working understanding of HTML and CSS
- Data driven with strong quantitative skills. You think in terms of the end-to-end impact on the bottom line of the business.
- Experience working globally, across regions and locales
- Possess a growth mindset with a constant drive to improve over time.
- B2B experience highly desired
- Exceptional written, verbal, and in person presentation skills
- Excellent team player, who values other views and can earn stakeholder confidence quickly and exert influence
- Ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines, multiple partners/vendors, and complexity
- Ability to both lead and drive autonomously and to tight deadlines with regular updates to key stakeholders
- Email marketing experience at a hyper-growth, late stage, or public company.
- Experience with Marketo
- An appetite for outcome - transforming business from strategy through to execution
- A personable, outgoing, effective communicator who acts as a liaison between customers and the rest of the organization
- A passion for creating incredible customer experiences and reaching business goals
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customers as well as a strong affinity for sales team success
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind, leverage customer insights and data to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability, with a track record of “test & learn” mindset
- Experience and desire for working in a start-up environment, contributing to developing business infrastructure and aggressively scaling a high growth business