OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens , or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #26 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City or San Francisco for the majority of our opportunities.
OpenSea is looking for an experienced email marketing marketer with demonstrated success in growing customer engagement and demand by building strategic, personalized campaigns. The ideal candidate possesses an analytical mindset with an eye for the best in class creative treatments.
- Lead the development and on-time execution of OpenSea’s email marketing efforts
- Ideate and strategize with the Director of Engagement to build a robust portfolio of lifecycle/trigger campaigns that drive customer retention/engagement goals
- Possess a passion for testing and a curiosity for analyzing results to continually improve channel performance
- Have a voice of authority to relay performance recaps to leaders and peers
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of creative best practices and have an ability to represent those points of view clearly, at the right level of detail to colleagues
- Ensure industry best practices are followed relating to CAN-SPAM, CCPA, GDPR, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years in email marketing, at least 2 of those directly managing email marketing campaigns.
- Prefer candidates with experience at a larger brand
- Hands-on management of email marketing vendors and vetting new vendors
- Passion for cryptocurrency and the NFT space
- Excels in cross-functional partnership with key stakeholders in creative, integrated marketing, analytics and engineering
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to translate complex topics in a simple straightforward manner
- Highly analytical, with a strong ability to read results and understand the drivers of those results
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred
- Strong organizational skills with an obsession for timeliness, detail, and documentation
- Exceptional work ethic, resiliency, and proven ability to overcome obstacles to deliver results, especially in a fast-paced, demanding environment