Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re profitable, growing quickly, and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
Bold.org is a 3-sided marketplace, working with students, donors, and schools to connect students to the right scholarships and the right schools, all via the Bold.org platform. We’re growing quickly, with millions of users on the platform, and are looking for an Email Marketing Lead to drive our email and SMS efforts across all 3 of these audiences.
In this role, you will work directly with our CEO as part of our Growth Team to drive engagement across our platform.
You will own both strategy and execution for all lifecycle efforts as a critical early-stage team member and will be expected to bring tremendous creativity, ownership, and drive as you grow Bold.org.
We are fully remote and this role can be done from anywhere but will require a significant daily overlap with US EST working hours.
What You'll Do
- Own email and SMS as the primary lifecycle channels for Bold.org students, donors, and school users, with a strong focus on maximizing long-term engagement and retention.
- Be the primary day-to-day owner of lifecycle strategy, analytics, and execution, planning and executing new experiments and campaigns on a daily basis.
- Research, ideate, and execute A/B tests across all of our lifecycle marketing flows, learning quickly as you scale what works and kill what doesn’t.
- Write copy, create and modify email templates, execute new tests, and own all implementation across our Engagement Marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with our Growth and Product Teams to communicate and capitalize on further opportunities for growth.
- Work closely with Engineers to integrate the data and event triggers you need for highly customized, event-driven segmentation and communication.
- Conduct frequent user interviews across all of our audiences to test and iterate on new ideas.
- Represent the Bold.org brand and mission of fighting student debt to many millions.
- Be the steward of our vision and values across all email communications.
What You Are
- Strong attention to detail. You excel at catching typos, logic errors, etc. in email templates and flows.
- Empathetic. Bold.org users range from high school students to retirees focused on growing their legacy. You must be able to put yourself in their shoes when creating campaigns.
- Ok with perfect not being the enemy of good. You’d rather move quickly and iterate quickly.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily. You can rally a team around a shared vision.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You excel at learning quickly and figuring things out yourself. You prefer to spend most of your time as an individual contributor.
- Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.
What You Bring
- 2-4 years of in-depth experience with robust ESPs (e.g. Klaviyo, Iterable, Braze, Optimove). We use Klaviyo, so direct experience with the platform is a strong plus.
- Growth-minded. You excel at analyzing data, coming up with opportunities for improvement, testing rapidly, and scaling what works.
- Comfortable with complex conditionals, logic statements, segmentation, etc. You’re excited by the challenge of segmenting across three audiences and millions of users to make sure the right users get the right messages at the right times.
- An excellent copywriter. You can quickly learn what language resonates with Bold.org members and craft campaigns that represent the Bold.org brand well.
- Comfortable with data-rich lifecycle marketing tools, including working with product teams to improve data integrations, event triggers, etc. to ensure your campaigns are customized, timely, and effective.
- Experience with SMS as a lifecycle marketing channel is a plus but is not required.
This role is full time, and will require a significant daily overlap with US EST working hours.
We are fully remote – you can work wherever you’re most productive.