Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? You bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an Email Marketing Lead. The location for this position is flexible and remote.
This role is responsible for planning, building, and executing email marketing and creative strategies to promote the organization's mission, products, and services via digital and direct marketing channels. Responsible for increasing market exposure to and business from the consumer target audience(s. Responsible for measuring, evaluating, and modifying marketing campaigns to optimize audience engagement and return on investment.
Essential Job Duties
- Develops and delivers high-performing email campaigns and executes marketing strategies to drive leads, conversions, and increased lifetime value. Provides email marketing support to internal departments.
- Leads team in implementation of digital marketing programs. Develops concepts in line with strategic goals in collaboration with team member(s).
- Collaborates across AHA competencies to develop strategies for optimizing marketing efforts. Sets standards and processes for ideation, development, execution, and optimization of marketing campaigns. Establishes key performance indicators and analyzes marketing programs against objectives to monitor effectiveness.
- Directs analysts on customer relationship management (CRM) analytics and research methodologies. Collaborates with market research in developing response models and other database improvements. Monitors data quality, data migrations, and data integration ensuring the database is segmented effectively for targeted marketing activities.
- Analyzes consumer journeys to develop strategies and make recommendations for segmentation, engagement, and retention, driving acquisition and behavior change. Applies knowledge of segmentation and targeting concepts from a marketing and/or data-driven lens. Identifies target audience segments by working cross-functionally to gather insights, improve targeting efforts, and generate buy-in for targeting decisions.
- Identifies process improvement and automated solutions for CRM activities. Collaborates with Business Technology to design, develop, test and implement CRM system requirements.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the job area typically obtained through advanced education such as a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications
- Requires a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in CRM, email and/or direct marketing roles
- Experience with creation, planning and execution of email marketing and SMS to a consumer base (at scale)
- Experience in development and production of digital assets
- Expertise in customer segmentation development and analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of developing trigger-based lifecycle programs
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be self-directed and work independently, overcoming obstacles to deliver on deadline
- Comprehensive analytical and evaluation skills applied to customer journey and email metrics resulting in creative solutions and program optimization in line with business objectives
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Salesforce, HTML/CSS and customer database management.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.