We’re looking for a smart, analytical and ambitious marketer, with a particular interest in email marketing, who is searching for the right home to develop their talents. This is a great opportunity to join an amazingly talented and highly ambitious marketing team.
Reporting to the CRM Manager, your focus will be on our critically important email marketing channel: planning, testing and analysing different campaigns to encourage our large and growing number of subscribers to visit our craft websites, engage and purchase.
We are also open to applicants looking to work remotely outside of London.
What you will be doing
- Support the creation and execution of broadcast email campaigns from start to finish, including:
- Briefing artwork to the Design team
- Writing engaging copy in line with LoveCrafts’ tone of voice
- Choosing suitable products, as appropriate for the content, based on stock levels, brand, margin (Private Label vs 3rd Party) and variety
- Liaising with Brand and Content teams regarding non-product / promo content for inclusion in emails
- Liaising with Partnership team regarding exposure of independent designers
- Collaborating with Social team to feature Facebook Lives, Instagram Takeovers etc. in email where appropriate
- Building the emails in Ometria
- Proofing and testing campaigns, ensuring copy, information and links are correct
- Segmenting database for sending emails, showing dynamic content to different audiences and reporting
- Incorporating A/B tests into sends and managing multiple tests in different regions
- Liaising with our Germany country manager for translation of assets
- Scheduling campaigns
- Analyse email and database performance in a range of scenarios, including:
- Long term trends
- Individual campaigns
- A/B test results
- Monthly actuals vs targets
- Ad hoc requests from other teams
- Suggest ideas to optimise email performance across the funnel and take ownership of tests from start to finish: lead brainstorms to elicit ideas, model the expected uplift, formulate the practical experiments to test the impact of suggestions, analyse the results and check for statistical significance, create a deck to communicate results clearly and suggest next steps
- Suggest opportunities to communicate with customers and collaborate with other teams to bring ideas to life
- Help shape the marketing calendar based on current events, new launches, independent designers and newly published site content
- Contribute to writing team presentations for example monthly CRM review and present slides to cross-team audience
- Take turns to represent the CRM team in Daily Trading meetings and report back on actions and questions that arise
- Research and identify opportunities to improve LoveCrafts’ sender reputation and inbox placement; share these with the team
- Deal with GDPR requests for deletion of data within Ometria
- Keep informed of exciting competitor material and case studies and suggest how we could learn from them and/or try out relevant tactics in our communications
Who you are
Attitude is key at LoveCrafts so please do bear in mind we’d still love to hear from you if you have a fantastic approach to work even if you’re still to sharpen some of the following skills:
- Fast learner who comes to work with a growth mindset
- Enjoys a dynamic work environment, is flexible and happy accommodate changing priorities
- Experience of working with an email marketing platform, ideally Ometria
- Background in ecommerce and retail is advantageous
- Basic HTML knowledge is an advantage, in order to adapt campaigns, rather than build them from scratch
- Fantastic attention to detail and ability to proof emails to a high standard
- Highly analytical and confident interpreting campaign performance
- Adept at writing slides and confident presenting to others
- Highly organised and enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication for liaising with other teams
- A really supportive team player but also happy working independently
- Extremely enthusiastic and self motivated; takes the initiative to suggest improvements and question the status quo
- Awareness of GDPR and best practice data handling and storage
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Great benefits including Options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare, health cash plan and some other great perks!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday.
- Smart colleagues and supportive team- you will join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Working environment that values excellence
- Central London Location with a hybrid-remote approach, but we are also open to applicants looking to work fully remotely outside of London.
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. We've graduated from the Future Fifty were 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential.