We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Email Marketing Executive to join our busy and creative department. This role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to work inside one of the world’s most iconic cultural institutions.
For 150 years the Royal Albert Hall has been inspiring artists and audiences worldwide; creating life-enriching, unforgettable experiences for everyone. Over 2021-2022 we are celebrating our 150th anniversary with a number of special events and we will shine a light on our past, present and future through our communications strategy.
In a normal year the Hall hosts 400 events in the main auditorium and around 1000 in other smaller spaces. The Hall stands true to its original purpose of promoting the Arts and Sciences and as a charity, we are dedicated to maintaining our Grade I listed building and giving access to all.
The Email Marketing Executive has responsibility for creating, managing and analysing campaigns using the Hall’s CRM database (Tessitura) and email system (WordFly) as well as analytics tools including Google Analytics. This role is responsible for using email to drive sales revenue, tell the Hall’s stories, and deepen our relationship with existing customers.
- Manage the Hall’s email marketing schedule in order to ensure that customers are contacted in an appropriate, timely and optimal way to maximise revenue and minimise unsubscribes or email fatigue.
- Develop email templates to appeal to our target segments, tailoring images, video and copy appropriately and work with the Insights Manager, Marketing Manager, Digital Content Executive and other members of the team to achieve the right targeting and content.
- Develop personalised triggered emails which pull specific customer and booking details into pre-show emails, to make customers feel reassured and confident about what to expect about a visit to the Royal Albert Hall.
- Use email marketing to deepen our relationships with our audiences, aiming to transform people from new subscribers to customers; customers to repeat customers; repeat customers to advocates; advocates to active supporters.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- Experience of using and building emails in an email marketing service provider (e.g. WordFly/Mailchimp)
- Experience of coding emails in HTML
- Experience of working with a ticketing or CRM system and customer segmentation
- Experience using Google Analytics to report on and inform campaigns
- A genuine passion for email marketing
- Excellent written English and editing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistency, especially when undertaking repetitive work
- An ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- That they are approachable, have good communication skills and are deadline-focused
- High level of computer literacy including previous experience with email and analytics tools and Microsoft Office
- A logical, thorough and detailed approach to planning and managing projects
- A keen interest in the arts/popular culture and some knowledge of the Hall’s events
Please view the full job description for more detailed information about this role and to apply, please see below.
The closing date for all applications is 9am Wednesday 16 June 2021.
The Royal Albert Hall is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We encourage candidates from all cultures and backgrounds to apply.