We are the world’s learning company with more than 22,500 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people. We’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
At Pearson, we believe in the power of difference. Harnessing the unique skills, perspectives, and backgrounds of every employee helps us foster innovation and create the most effective solutions for learners around the world. That’s why we’re committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are embedded into everything we do. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive and diverse — and where our people can be themselves — so we can reflect the customers and learners we serve.
Pearson is delighted to be committed to the Race Charter, and to be confirmed by Stonewall in the Top 100 Employers LGBTQ employers in the UK. We are a Disability Confident committed employer and were recognised in the Best Employers for Diversity 2019 awards. We are featured on The Forbes list of Best D&I Employers and are a Working Mums Top Employer and Age Positive employer. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York Stock Exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). We are proud to offer an exceptional and supportive environment to develop your professional career!
- A full-time permanent role working 37.5 hours per week
This is the best time to join Pearson! You will be part of an innovative online learning service that Pearson has launched. Working in partnership with universities across the UK, the Pearson Online Learning Services (POLS) team provides online learning services including marketing, student recruitment, course content development, training and ongoing student support.
Following a period of rapid growth, the POLS UK business now requires an Email Marketing Executive. As the Email Marketing Executive, you would play an important part in maintaining integrity of our university partners’ brand and elevating the experience of our customers.
Reporting to the Email & CRM Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day execution of the email campaigns across partnerships, with a view to driving increased customer engagement, value and incremental revenues, as well as an improved customer experience.
You will be working in a matrix structure with the opportunity to work across a number of internal functions including Marketing, Research, Recruitment, Student Services and with external stakeholders.
Your Primary Responsibilities Include
- Support the Email & CRM Marketing Manager in the day-to-day planning and execution of our email marketing communications
- Be passionate about all digital communication our users receive, ensuring they are commercially strong, visually engaging across devices, and relevant to our users
- Day-to-day ownership of the email marketing process, including end-to-end co-ordination from planning with relevant stakeholders to briefing Content teams, through to email build, sending using our ESP, and reporting
- Data segmentation, email A/B test and optimisation
- Undertake performance reporting and draw actionable insights to help continuously optimise performance
- Work with the Email & CRM Marketing Manager to build an on-going email testing and optimising plan to drive performance improvement, covering subject lines, content, layout and segmentation, and execute this plan within the ESP.
- Propose new campaign or segmentation ideas, ability to think outside the box
- Apply email marketing best practice to your work to maximise deliverability, open rates and conversion rates
- Be innovative in ways to optimise campaigns based on market trends
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Our Successful Candidate
Please specify in your application that you have knowledge of HMTL and email marketing best practice. You must have demonstrable experience in creating and launching email campaigns
- Our ideal candidate must have effective verbal and written communication skills to brief campaign ideas and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Able to use campaign insights to provide optimisation recommendation (analytical)
- Ability to operate in fast-paced environment and manage a number of campaigns simultaneously
- Outstanding project/time management
- Confident team player with the ability build strong collaborative relationships
Other Preferred Essentials For The Role Are As Follows
- Familiarity with CRM or some other form of database management
- Experienced with Pardot, Salesforce or Marketing Cloud
- Able to think problems, opportunities, and requirements through and then provide informed opinions and recommendations for action
Your Reward & Benefits
We’ll expect a lot and we know you’ll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so our workplace programmes meet the different needs of our diverse teams and their families too. There is a range of options, too many to list here, but when you join our Pearson family you can look forward to:
- A starting holiday of 25 days plus UK public holidays and you’ll earn 1 additional day’s holiday per year you work with us.
- Generous pension scheme where we match and double what you contribute.
- Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible work policies.
- Stock/share purchase options.
- Healthcare and dental plans, and an employee wellbeing assistance programme for you and your family to help balance work, family and personal life.
- Cycle to work program, gym membership concessions in selected office locations, along with retail and leisure discounts.