Due to continuing business growth at Pavers, we are expanding our Marketing department and are looking for an Email Marketing Executive to join our Digital Marketing team at our Head Office in York. Initially the role will involve a mixture of home working and office, with a minimum of 2/3 days per week in the York office. This is a full time permanent role and will be responsible for helping to increase the customer acquisition and retention for our successful family owned and run retail business.
Pavers has been trading for almost 50 years and is a highly profitable and growing business with a strong balance sheet and a turnover in the region of £150m. In 2018 we also acquired the Jones Bootmaker and Herring Shoes footwear businesses, with the group now employing over 1500 people in total.
We are in the early stages of moving our digital advertising from agency based to inhouse and this role will be fundamental in this transition. They will be report directly into the Senior Digital Marketing Executive and Performance Marketing Manager and the candidate would be required to input and develop the Email marketing strategy, as well as to deliver the Email campaigns for Pavers and Jones Bootmaker across the UK and international territories.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious individual and have at least 2 years hand-on experience running Email Marketing campaigns (ideally in the retail/fashion sectors) utilising the latest Email delivery and personalisation technologies. The role has great potential for personal career growth as the department grows and would suit an ambitious person with willingness and aptitude to expand their knowledge towards the wider marketing mix.
Main duties of our Email Marketing Executive
- Management and implementation of Email marketing campaign across Pavers & Jones Bootmaker brands across UK and international territories.
- Develop and implement new/existing customer journeys to drive incremental revenue increases
- Design and implement engaging email designs to deliver incremental revenue/open rate increases
- Have a proactive test and learn philosophy and develop strategies to achieve incremental gains and learnings
- Design dynamic personalised emails utilising Fresh Relevance personalisation software to serve engaging content to the right customer profiles to maximise ROI
- Have a keen eye for design best practices and liaise with the inhouse design team to create engaging and personalised creative assets to increase conversion rates and revenue.
- Experience of optimising Email marketing campaigns to keen business KPIs
- Reporting to senior stakeholders on a weekly and adhoc basis regarding specific and campaign activity.
- Liaise with and help develop the wider paid media strategy alongside the Senior Digital Marketing Exec.
- Liaise with product buyers and merchandisers to promote seasonal styles and products to the right customers at the right time.
- Liaise with the content team to develop highly engaging email copy.
- Liaise with the wider marketing team (Social and Content teams) to help support their activity via Email marketing
- Identify new and innovative ways to market to new customer groups, identifying new customer recruitment/customer acquisition opportunities. Investing in new and creative ideas is actively encouraged and significant funds are available to support this. Ideas are the constraint, not the investment.
Requirements To Be Our Email Marketing Executive
- A strong working knowledge of Dotmailer/Dotdigital email marketing platforms
- Experience of utilising the latest email personalisation software, including Fresh Relevance would be highly desirable
- Display a keen eye for designing engaging Email content in a retail vertical.
- A proven track record of driving incremental increases in revenue as result of Email marketing activity
- Experience of running Email marketing campaigns across international territories would certainly be advantageous.
- A good understanding of the wider marketing mix and where the Email marketing channel sits and how it complements the wider digital marketing channels
- A good working knowledge of Google Analytics would be desirable, but is not essential
- A strong ‘test and learn’ methodology is a must.
- Excellent time management and highly organised with strong stakeholder management skills
- Be open minded, adaptable, intelligent, and open to change
- Display a ‘cando’ attitude and be willing to help the wider marketing teams.
- Be proactive and have the willingness to constantly be learning new technologies and marketing methodologies.
- Willingness to share knowledge and expertise with junior team members of staff and the wider marketing team.
- Display personality and humour, with a professional and positive attitude
- Passion for fashion/footwear
- High attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- An advanced MS Office user
- A second language would be a bonus but is not a fixed requirement
Bonus & Benefits you will receive as our Email Marketing Executive:
- Salary: up to £25,000 depending on experience
- Generous Staff Discount
- Discretionary Bonus
- Holiday Entitlement (Increases with service)
- Company Contribution Pension
- Access to RetailTRUST (Wellbeing Support)
- Access to RetailCURE (Financial Support)
Pavers Shoes is one of the UK’s leading shoe retailers. Established in 1971 we remain family owned and run, and also own and operate the Jones Bootmaker and Herring Shoes brands. Together we have over 170 stores in the UK and Ireland, and over 1,500 people in our ever-expanding family. In 2020 we have been voted one of the Top 20 Retailers in the country to work for (Retail Week/Glassdoor), been recognised in the Sunday Times’ Top Track 250, and also won Best Footwear (Multiple) Retailer at the Drapers Awards.
We are passionate about providing comfort and happiness to our customers, and we make sure to employ people who are as passionate as we are. We always look for happy, confident, upbeat people, and we provide great jobs in a supportive family environment for them. We know that without our colleagues there is no business, and that the better we look after you the better service you will provide our customers, so we always try and do the right thing by our people.
We strive for diversity of thinking across the business and believe strongly in supporting our local communities. In 2018 we donated over £2.2m to establish the Pavers Foundation, with the specific purpose of providing grants for causes important to all our colleagues in the areas of health, education, and community. In terms of the environment we are constantly seeking to reduce our impact, are working with One Carbon World to become Carbon Neutral, and already have one of the largest solar arrays in the North-East of England on our warehouse generating clean energy.
If this sounds like the kind of business you’d like to know more about, we’d love to hear from you - please apply today to be our Email Marketing Executive!