Customers are at the heart of everything we do and our aim is to help them get outside more often. This is an exciting time to join OS as we continue to learn more about our customers and build our best in class team to deliver business objectives. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic and performance-orientated individual to join our Customer & Marketing team – working with the Consumer Business Unit.
This role will support the day-to-day running of email, data handling, and creative to deepen our relationship with customers and ultimately grow revenue (via sales and app subscriptions). Core responsibilities will include:
- Executing email marketing campaigns in line with the Marketing Plan to ensure a seamless customer experience from acquisition through to retention in order to maximise lifetime value
- Finding ways to increase email signs-ups to build our database, improve audience engagement, and drive product sales and subscriptions
- Working with the Comms Specialist to develop and manage an on-going test plan
- Managing and developing the email schedule ensuring best in class representation of our Brand.
- Working closely with our creative team and creative agencies to create on brand, customer focused and engaging creative
- Writing engaging copy in line with the brand TOV
- Proofing and testing every email before deployment and making relevant adjustments throughout the sign-off process.
- Use segmentation/personalisation to ensure all communications are targeted and relevant.
- Reviewing competitor activity and constantly optimising email campaigns to increase customer engagement
- Regular reporting on email results and presenting findings to relevant stakeholders
- Manage and update templates for automated and triggered email campaigns
- Working with stakeholders to deliver inspirational outdoor content to our customers through email
Based in Southampton (currently at home due to Covid-19 restrictions) this is a full time, permanent position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you are an enthusiastic email marketer with the right skills and a passion to do more this is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the success of an amazing organisation.
We’re looking for someone who will the driving force behind our email activity:
A champion for email:
You have a passion for digital excellence and in particular email marketing. You see the potential of the channel and you take responsibility for delivery
Creative: You are hands on and can build campaigns from scratch, developing creative and writing great content that is on brand, relevant and engaging for our target audiences. With outstanding attention to detail, you enjoy thinking differently and coming up with engaging and innovative ways to talk to customers.
Data driven: Always inquisitive, you able to identify opportunities to improve measurable outcomes such as open rate, ctr, revenue, sign ups, on-site engagement and the average revenue per user.
Highly numerate: With an analytical and data driven approach, you are very comfortable with numbers and large data sets.
A team player: A natural collaborator who enjoys working as part of a team. You are willing to embrace all aspects of a growing business from idea generation to managing the day to day.
Highly self motivated: You are up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in email marketing. Above all, you are a self-starter who takes ownership with the ability to work quickly and efficiently with an excellent eye for detail and accuracy.
In addition, we’re looking for the following essential attributes:
- Robust understanding of online marketing and e-commerce.
- Experience in an email focused role, ideally within an eCommerce context
- Knowledge of GDPR and its implications for email marketing
- Experience working with an ESP such as DotDigital
- Excellent copywriting skills and good level of Photoshop / Canva
- Sound Excel skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Highly detail oriented, able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Experience working with Google Analytics
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- Recognised Marketing qualification(s) such as CIM
- Experience with Dynamics 365