Email Marketing Executive
Location: New Scientist Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 29 days’ holiday
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 4% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 4x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
- Private Medical Insurance – Bupa
- Flexible Working policy
- Free gym membership at Northcliffe House Gym
- Eye care assistance
- Family Friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Support
- Access to the magazine
- Access to newscientist.com, New Scientist app
- Invites to NS Events
Plus many other benefits…
The Email Marketing Executive is responsible for executing the email communication strategy for New Scientist, taking customers on a journey from consideration to purchase and from purchase to engagement to win-back.
By delivering and implementing the marketing communication plans, the role is responsible for increasing customer acquisition volumes, value, engagement and retention through effective monitoring and development of ECRM techniques.
As the go to person for CRM and Email marketing, the Senior Email Marketing Executive will champion and monitor best practice techniques for all communication strategies.
The role is also responsible for ensuring lead generation and customer experience communication strategy is aligned and without conflict, and will work with internal stakeholders, key agencies, and suppliers to ensure ECRM ROI and enhanced customer experience in the delivery of volume and revenue targets.
1. Develop and implement the Email Marketing strategy as agreed with Head of Campaign Management
- Manage the prioritisation matrix delivering key milestones in accordance with roadmap
- Responsible for the audit, review, development, and execution of the Email Marketing plan as agreed with Line Manager
- Work with internal teams to realise data potential, segmentation opportunities and targeting of diverse Email Marketing campaigns and initiatives: planning and executive
- Create rolling test plan
- Work with digital marketing manager to create lead gen activity to grow data opportunities, analyse data to ascertain what audiences should be targeted.
- Create relevant and timely and actionable analysis to further develop Email Marketing strategy
- This includes idea generation and exploration, preparing and presenting proposals, overseeing the creative and production processes, and championing successful execution
- Building / modelling and executing campaigns using current & future state email platform (SFMC & Sailthru)
- Build a detailed, bottom-up annual budget for area of responsibility. Supply key inputs to the quarterly reforecast, using the most accurate, up-to-date information available. Be prepared to discuss assumptions used for developing budgets and forecasts
3. Special Projects
- Participate in a variety of special projects as requested, including explorations of system or process improvements, new retention categories, and joint projects with Customer Service.
4. Campaign reporting & development
- Analyse campaign outcomes in detail, using a variety of proprietary software applications. Draw insights and present results clearly to facilitate sound decision making on next steps
- Report results of campaigns internally – to sales and marketing team and clients – and build and follow up as appropriate.
- Own formal monthly reporting and ad-hoc reporting as required to support business needs
- Work to resolve any issues and problems relating to the broadcast and scheduling of emails are resolved in an accurate and timely fashion
- Provide feedback and advice on campaign improvements and how to follow up campaigns
- Offer support and advice on email best practise to ensure teams understand results and how to improve them
5. Segmentation and Targeting
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify new audiences, segments, and groups to target.
- Targeting – ensuring the campaign reaches the right audience
- Social – integrate links to social media e.g. Facebook, You Tube, Twitter
- Telemarketing / SMS – integrate telemarketing / SMS communications where appropriate
- Proofing emails – ensuring the campaign is technically correct and getting feedback from necessary stakeholders
- Timing – ensuring the right campaign is broadcast at the right time
- Host images – promotional headers images etc as required
- Tracking – ensuring all relevant tracking is in place
- To undertake ad-hoc projects as agreed with Manager in line with company and personal development targets.
Crucial Performance Areas
- Measure and report performance of all Email marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimise spend and performance based on the insights
- Be involved with brainstorming new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across email channel and customer touch points
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Drive the agenda for continued improvement to the Email marketing to maximize sales conversion by improving the customer journey
- To ensure all marketing activity meets relevant regulatory requirements
- To ensure that all briefs are communicated consistently, efficiently, and appropriately for effective implementation of plans
The relevant candidate should have the ability to plan, implement, manage, and report on Email Marketing campaigns and have strong commercial awareness.
- 2-3+ years CRM/Email marketing experience
- A natural flare with writing and communicating (fluency in English is essential)
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of email marketing strategies and tactics, including strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- CRM/Email marketing experience on Salesforce Marketing Cloud essential: examples of marketing work undertaken in email marketing that has seen a clear and marked uplift in sales
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in CRM/email marketing and measurement
- Demonstrate experience where you have successfully guided projects in the above areas (Role Responsibilities)
- Confident in data analysis and the associated tools to manipulate and present to stakeholders
- Graduate with 2:1 and good A Levels, ideally English, Maths, Science
dmg media’s brands deliver highly engaging, trusted content to millions of loyal customers around the globe, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Together, Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro, i, MailOnline, Mail Plus, metro.co.uk and inews.co.uk reach more than 11m people daily in the UK.* Globally, our brands reach 180m unique browsers every month.** In March 2021, the business acquired the world’s leading science title, New Scientist.
dmg media’s newsbrands are expert at getting to the bottom of the stories most relevant to their readers.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.