As a an Email Marketing Executive (CRM Exec) you'll work closely with the Digital, Category Trading and Halfords Marketing Teams in order to develop first-class emails which communicate Halfords key messages to the right audience at the right time.
End-to-end development of emails: planning, implementing, (briefing, campaign set up, audience selection and proofing) and analysing campaign performance.
- Assist planning of emails by working with key stakeholders from Category Trading and Trade Card teams, as well as considering seasonally relevant themes, external events and competitor activity.
- Maintain the email plan, helping to ensure it is customer-led.
- Brief the external design agency to create first class customer emails that achieve business objectives.
- Feedback on the email design and liaise with the Category Trading/Trade Card teams to collate their feedback.
- Work with the external design agency to ensure feedback is implemented and the design is optimized for user experience.
- Set up, review and proof email campaigns using a campaign management tool & email marketing platform.
- Use segmentation techniques to select audiences to target emails to the right customers.
- Develop a plan and carry out multi-variant testing.
- Analyse results from email marketing campaigns to improve key performance metrics (deliverability, open rate, click through rate, sales).
- Assist planning and implementation of dynamic content.
- Carry out competitor reviews to establish best in class email design and strategy.
- Assist in the development of the automated eCRM plan.
- Assist in the wider CRM activity providing the same experience across all channels.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Confidence and assertiveness when dealing with a variety of external agencies and internal stakeholders at different levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High attention to detail.
- The foresight to put yourself in the shoes of the customer.
- Strong capability for analysing customer data and campaign data.
- Creative flair and an ability to think outside the box.
- Good copywriting skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in a similar role desirable.
- Basic HTML knowledge desirable.
- Experience of an email marketing platform and campaign management tool desirable. E.g. Cheetah Digital Marketing Suite. Apteco PeopleStage & FastStats.