The role of the Marketing Executive (Email & SMS) is to support the Marketing Manager in driving the value of the email and SMS marketing channels, responding to our business and customer strategy, and owning the channels from planning through to deployment and analysis. The Marketing Executive will be integral to developing first-class emails that communicate our key message to the right audience at the right time.
This is an exciting time for Domestic & General as we embark on several transformation programmes across Digital, Brand and Personalisation, representing core drivers of our 5 Year Business Plan. As a result, our email marketing channel has been identified as a core opportunity to add value and has shown promising growth in the last year. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring we continue to make step changes in this area by creating email and SMS campaigns that drive both customer and commercial value, whilst maintaining a key focus on our strategic drivers.
The role will involve working with key stakeholders from across Marketing, Digital and Data Operations teams, as well as additional business teams to ensure timely, compelling and effective campaigns. The role will involve implementing a clear testing roadmap, complete with multivariant testing, and communicating test analytics clearly to inform next steps.
About the role:
- Support the Marketing Manager in maintaining, communicating, and delivering an email & SMS marketing plan.
- Develop an email marketing & SMS testing plan alongside the Marketing Manager and carry out multi-variant testing.
- Work closely with other functions within the Marketing team, and other relevant business teams, to ensure new emails align to the overall marketing contact strategy.
- Ensure all email and SMS marketing communications are customer-focused and follow best practice.
- Work alongside Creative Design teams to develop engaging creative assets for email templates.
- Build email templates using HTML and the native email marketing platform tools.
- Set up, review and proof email campaigns using the email marketing platform.
- Ensure all email and SMS marketing communications are GDPR compliant and adhere to regulated financial services selling practices.
- Analyse campaign results and highlight areas of opportunity to improve key performance metrics.
- Carry out competitor reviews and manage a best in class email document.
**Please note that initially, the role will be based working from home but will move to a hybrid model of home and office-based working in the future.
- Alongside some experience in email marketing, the successful applicant should also have an ability to think creatively and put themselves in the shoes of the customer
- We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who is a self-starter but also able to work well within a team, with excellent organisation skills
- Proficient in using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel - advanced)
- Experienced in using Google Analytics and an email marketing platform
- Able to produce high quality outputs at the right level of detail that are clear, concise and relevant
- Excellent presentation and copywriting skills, with a high attention to detail
- Ideally have experience in a similar role with a regulated industry (eg Financial Services, Insurance)
- Strong capability for analysing customer and campaign data
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and respond dynamically to change
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS skills for responsive email design
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.