Job Specification – Email Marketing Executive
BoilerJuice is a UK-based ecommerce energy site. We are looking to recruit an Email
Marketing Executive on a 6-month fixed-term contract. Reporting to our Loyalty Marketing Manager, you will be working with all the departmental teams within BoilerJuice.
We are looking for a talented person who can implement the email marketing strategy. You will be the champion of email marketing and must therefore have excellent written, design and verbal communication skills.
Although you may not have heard of BoilerJuice, we are an established company with a proven business model and a solid customer base. We are different from a lot of other ecommerce businesses because the logistics for delivering domestic heating oil are a bit more complicated than for many other products you can buy online!
We are investing for further growth, but this is not just scaling up to do more-of-the-same. We are also creating new products that combine Internet-of-Things with smart data analysis to change the way a market works.
Whilst we’re excited about what we do, we like to think we’re relatively down-to-earth. We don’t have a big hierarchy, a special dress code, or a company song about heating oil.
More about us: the UK's Number 1 Heating Oil Marketplace
For the 1.5 million UK homes who depend on oil for heating and hot water, BoilerJuice makes life easier. We help hundreds of thousands of them get a better price and a more convenient service by connecting them impartially with nearly all the suppliers in the market.
We provide a valuable service and this, coupled with our excellent customer services means that we have high levels of loyalty and have opportunities to extend our relationship.
The business is profitable and is investing for growth; through increased market share in the UK, product enhancement and international expansion.
As part of your Email Marketing Executive Role you will:
- Work with the Loyalty Marketing Manager to create and refine the email marketing strategy that contribute to core business objectives such as customer acquisition and reducing churn
- Working alongside the Brand and Communications Executive and Designer you will be responsible for implementing the strategy, focusing on segmentation, testing, personalisation and marketing automation with the aim of driving clicks and conversions
- Apply email marketing best practice to your work to maximise deliverability, open rates and conversion rates
- Continuously optimise email success taking a data-driven approach
- Work closely with internal team members to inform prospects and customers of new product developments and initiatives
- Responsible for managing daily data checks, data lists, segments and data hygiene processes
- Support the Loyalty Marketing Manager in reporting KPIs and recommending new approaches to drive continual success
- Develop test plans for optimising targeting, creative and marketing messages
- Ensure email messaging in on brand and in-line with the landing page
- Set and deliver on tangible content and campaign goals
- Track and monitor past and current campaign performance and behaviour to recommend strategies and campaigns that will increase loyalty and engagement
- Support in areas other than email when required, such as website content production.
You'll have …
- 2+ years’ experience creating and launching email campaigns using email marketing software such as RedEye, or a similar platform
- Proven experience in crafting email campaigns that convert at above industry levels
- Knowledge of HTML and responsive email design
- Impeccable proofing skills
- Advanced knowledge of email marketing, including the use of marketing automation, personalisation, dynamic content, and triggered email
- An unbeatable eye for detail, accuracy, and diligence
- Experience creating and sending large-scale email campaigns
- Familiarity with CRM or some other form of database management
- Experience with A/B testing email campaigns
- An up-to-date understanding of advertising codes, data protection regulations
- Show commitment for the business, our customers, and partners
- Find a better way and strive for continuous improvement
- Deliver for the team with a can-do attitude
- A curiosity and desire to learn and a willingness to teach and encourage
- Be focussed and productive
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- A marketing degree or professional marketing qualification (but don’t be put off if you don’t have one)
- Specific experience of using RedEye platform would be advantageous
- Experience with an email deliverability platform such as Return Path would be advantageous.
- Good communicator with experience of working both individually and as part of a team
- A self-starting attitude-ready to seize opportunities to make an impact without needing to be told
- Ability to balance an intense attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to think problems, opportunities, and requirements through and then provide informed opinions and recommendations for action
- A desire to achieve excellence and drive growth
The reward …
- Salary: £ 30K- 35K
- Healthcare: BUPA (on completion of probation)
- Pension: Company and personal contribution (on completion of probation)
- Holiday: 25 days holiday per annum
Location – this role will be working from home at the current time with potentially 1-2 days in the office when restrictions are lifted.