At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join U.S. Bank to lead Email Marketing for an industry leading financial services company. This role will give someone the ability to enhance the capabilities of the email marketing campaigns, impact the organizations email policies and lead a team that has significant influence on the businesses that make U.S. Bank a top bank in America.
The Director of Email Marketing will lead the Email team within Corporate Marketing in delivering timely, relevant messages focused on the Bank’s products and services. Specifically, this role is accountable for strategy, development and execution of email marketing and communications throughout U.S. Bank. The Director will collaborate with our business lines and other partners throughout the Bank including product and brand marketing, customer experience, technology and enterprise analytics.
This person will continuously evolve and innovate the email channel at U.S. Bank
and develop in-depth understanding of the Bank’s use of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and integration with other enterprise tools and technologies.
They will work closely with email platform and service partners including contract negotiations and overall relationship management and oversee the email department budget.
The Director will review email marketing campaign performance and metrics demonstrating how customers are engaging with emails (e.g., open, click and conversion rates). This person will own email policy and be the subject matter expert for internal partners on the Bank’s email policies and procedures and compliance with CANSPAM, CASL and GDPR.
A successful leader will drive change throughout the organization as it pertains to email communications, opt-in/out practices and prospecting. This person will manage and supervise email team members including balancing workload and project backlog.
The Director will partner with internal customers (business lines, Risk, Compliance, Audit, etc.) to ensure email channel compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
They will work closely with the email team and internal partners on automation and optimization recommendations and participate in the hiring, supervising and career development of email team members.
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of experience in email marketing
- Experience in banking or financial services preferred
- Experience leading a department and/or managing a team including hiring, performance reviews, compensation packages, etc. required
- In depth understanding of building an email center of excellence and managing the strategy, development and execution of email campaigns in-house
- Strong knowledge of email marketing, ESP’s, and best practices for email deliverability, reducing opt-out, etc.
- Must have a unique combination of humility (willing to do the dirty work) and ambition (vision for what your future holds)
- Expertise with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and CRM
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with great attention to detail
- Ability to complete short-term and long-term goals in a proper manner
- A desire to take risks - but only after carefully examining and determining that your chosen course of action is most effective
- Highly collaborative, with a passion for data, digital strategy and entrepreneurship
- Excellent leadership and people skills required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, skillsets, strengths and weaknesses among the team
- Experience working in an agile environment and a willingness to embrace change
- Continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools, and marketing solutions