HomeStars is Canada’s leading platform connecting homeowners with qualified service professionals. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and select the best-rated home service professionals nearby. Visit us at homestars.com to learn more!
At HomeStars, we embrace and celebrate uniqueness within our work community. We believe our greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of mindsets, backgrounds, and experiences. We’re committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment where all of our employees feel welcome, comfortable, and have the opportunity to thrive.
As an Email Developer, you will own the Email Marketing function across HomeStars, building and deploying compelling, end-to-end email campaigns for our consumers, including the design of HTML templates, crafting irresistible subject lines with action-driven copies, and CTAs to drive conversions. This role is perfect for somebody creative and passionate about email marketing with the ability to take marketing concepts/requirements and translate them into beautifully crafted automated marketing programs.
Your Impact, 90 Days And Beyond
- Plan out the email marketing calendar to support the B2C marketing activities, continue to grow demand and meet business goals
- Build-out data-driven consumer journeys across the homeowners' lifecycle via marketing automation channel to empower homeowners to hire right for their home projects
- Monitor email performance data, conducting campaign level quality assurance and A/B testing, making data-driven and strategic optimizations
- Implement tactical measures to reduce unsubscribes, and grow consumer and newsletter email list, exercising CASL compliance
- Minimum 1+ years of email marketing automation with experience using marketing technologies to create & update email content, campaigns and journeys
- Comfortable with updating HTML/CSS from a template (email and landing pages)
- Experience using automation platforms, ie. Pardot, Marketing Cloud or Marketo
- Knowledge in building life cycle programs and generating demand through the email channel
- Knowledge in email compliance policies and best practices (CASL)
- Strong debugging skills to identify deliverability issues and correct them
- Have an analytical mindset; asking the why or how behind why a campaign is or isn’t doing well, and how to pivot when needed
- Organized and detail-oriented, producing polished, high-quality output
Nice To Have
- B2C Marketing experience is an asset
- Experience in Graphic Design or Web Design (Landing pages)
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, or similar platforms is considered an asset
- You are able to self-direct and motivate, working independently to build out a program
- Excellent in writing conversion-friendly, demand generation copywriting and communication skills
HomeStars Has Recently Been Recognized As
- Best Workplaces Managed by Women, Canada 2020
- Best Workplaces in Technology, Canada 2020
- Best Workplaces for Today’s Youth, Canada 2020
*We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.