The Email Marketing Developer will assist the Email Marketing Manager to implement a roadmap of projects, update existing messages, and perform platform maintenance.
- Email Project Development
- Setup dynamic emails, including HTML and personalization coding.
- Build custom audience segments.
- Interact with email marketing platform (Oracle Responsys) for campaign and program setup.
- QA all messages for accuracy, and ensure all emails are deployed error free.
- Conceptualize, execute, and analyze A/B tests on an ongoing basis.
- Work with business representatives and vendors, to understand and implement new email functionality, data sources, and integrated technologies.
- Participate in strategic planning.
Email platform maintenance
- Monitor all automated data feeds and ensure they are functioning properly.
- Update data tables and feeds as needed.
- Work with developers to create new API feeds to trigger specific messages.
- Update ongoing automated campaigns based on business or promotional changes.
Performance monitoring and report production
- Monitor ongoing email campaigns for performance and to identify any potential issues.
- Monitor database and data feed health and performance.
- Pull email campaign metric and database health reports as needed.
- Work with current processes for analyzing metrics and suggesting optimizations to implement.
Assist with implementation of new projects
- Take on additional tasks to help implement new email projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related fieldrequired
- At least 4 years' production experience with enterprise B2C email marketing platforms (Oracle Responsys, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc)
- 4+ years HTML and email personalization logic and languages (Java-based languages like RPL or AMP)
- Working knowledge of relational database structure and data transfer methods.
- Understanding of email best practices, including deliverability, CAN-SPAM, segmentation, customer lifecycles, triggered messages, etc.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Comfortable receiving feedback and quickly change course based on business needs
- Team player who can work collaboratively with other departments, partners and marketers
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated, self-starter, have a sense of urgency and extremely well-organized
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a collaborative team environment
- Microsoft office product skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must exercise sound business judgment and handle confidential information with sensitivity
- Must be a team player with ability to work on several projects at a time
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.