We are looking for a rockstar Email Developer who has deep expertise in email development and best practices, and a genuine passion for email marketing and member experience. The ideal candidate has killer experience in HTML/CSS, mobile responsive design, dynamic content, email template innovation, and implementing deliverability best practices into code. You are equally comfortable with editing existing code and hand-coding emails and assets from scratch. The person we’ve envisioned has the technical chops for email development but also understands and values the power of a gorgeously, effectively presented email that wows and motivates member action. You will be working with the Lifecycle Marketing and Engineering teams to bring IPSY emails to life.
Are you an expert at coding mobile-first, complex, and dynamic emails with an understanding of dark mode and all the quirks of various email platforms? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Hand-coding highly complex mobile responsive emails using best practice guidelines for HTML/CSS and often working with data to optimize responsive rendering, improve deliverability, and drive click-through and engagement.
- Developing and optimizing email templates for continued A/B testing, dark mode, mobile optimization, and personalization according to business rules and logic.
- Performing detailed QA of all email code and templates across mobile and desktop platforms.
- Becoming an expert on the dynamic capabilities of our email service provider, Iterable; providing recommendations on how to leverage the technology we have available to improve the engagement and conversion of our marketing programs.
- Troubleshooting data integration issues.
- Staying current on trends, new tech innovations, and best practices in email and mobile marketing.
- Contributing new innovative, breakthrough ideas towards the growth of the company.
What We are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of experience in hand-coding HTML/CSS for email marketing campaigns and developing dynamic and innovative email templates.
- Expertise in mobile responsive coding is a must.
- Past experience testing and troubleshooting in email clients with a strong sense of design and/or user experience fundamentals.
- Proficiency with Photoshop and Adobe creative suite.
- Familiarity with ESP platforms (Iterable, Responsys, ExactTarget, etc.).
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Outstanding problem solving skills and a “solutionist” attitude.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment (i.e. can roll with the punches).
- A team player, with the ability to work effectively with business partners.
- Excellent time management skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Annual bonus program (paid out quarterly)
- Paid Time Off
- Work from home flexibility
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Free Glam Bag Plus or BoxyCharm subscription
- Learning & development programs
Beauty for All Industries (BFA) is home to the largest beauty subscription brands in the world: IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective.
We are uniquely situated at the nexus of tech and beauty and are a digitally native company – born and raised online, during the rise of social media.
We approach everything we do with a community-first mindset and deliver a personalized experience that is rooted in machine learning and impeccable merchandise curation. With an avid beauty community and more than 200 million product reviews, we have created the ultimate beauty innovation platform.
We are the creators, coders, merchandisers, analysts, designers, engineers, marketers, and countless more—who make discovering personalized beauty possible.
Check out our Career Site to learn more about life, culture, benefits, and perks across all of our Beauty For All brands! https://www.bfaindustries.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
Please click here to view our CCPA notice .