The Email Marketing Developer will serve as a resource to create, develop, and configure email marketing messages and campaigns with a focus on messages triggered via API integrations and automations. Development responsibilities will consist of leveraging approved visual designs and creating HTML message file(s) for email marketing delivery that are in line with industry best practices as well Allianz standards. Deliverables consist of all configuration tasks to create a final ready-to-launch campaign (including final file/message adjustments for personalization and/or dynamic content, subject lines, audience assignments, tracking, and various additional steps/meta-data setup tasks). This position will also support message and campaign testing strategies.
This role will ensure that all deliverables are aligned with the Allianz brand, communication, and customer experience strategies as well as Allianz development standards and industry best practices.
This role works closely with the Digital Channels & Media manager to review recommended architectural solutions and will also work closely with other email marketing resources, project managers, and business sponsors to understand project/campaign objectives and facilitate project deliverables.
The majority of the email messages/campaigns will consist of highly personalized and/or dynamically assembled content triggered via integrations from other channels (website, backend systems, ETL batch files, etc.). While this resource will not be expected nor needed to perform native integration development with these other channels, an understanding and prior experience with triggered (via APIs and/or batch processing) email campaigns and database structure is required within the Oracle Responsys Interact platform. In-depth knowledge and
Prior Experience With Oracle Responsys Built-in-functions (BIF) And/or Responsys
Personalization Language (RPL) scripting will be required to be successful. Additionally, prior experience
with Adobe Campaign (Standard) development activities (specifically Campaigns, Programs and Workflows automation development and HTML message creation) would be beneficial.
- Development of email message components based on supplied creative designs, established Allianz email patterns elements, and industry best practices.
- Email message testing (via Litmus) for email client rendering in various focus platforms (and subsequent troubleshooting/resolution).
- Heavy usage of dynamically assembled campaign messages leveraging a combination of personalization, Oracle Responsys Built-in-functions (BIF), and/or Responsys Personalization Language (RPL).
- A solid foundational understanding of the various data models and concepts utilized in modern email marketing, such as: Responsys - Contact Lists, Profile Extension Tables (PETs), and Supplemental Tables and Adobe Campaign Profiles, Profile Extensions, and Custom Resources.
- 2-3 years (minimum) of email marketing development and design experience.
- Strong HTML/CSS knowledge and the related nuances specific to email marketing.
- Ability to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents, presentations, and dialogues.
At Allianz, we foster a workplace where every person feels welcome, connected and valued.
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us. Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.