Marketing Messaging is a multi-channel, ever-changing, complex and high business impact area. To achieve Booking.com’s mission, we need to bring real value to our customers with every message we send them.
Marketing Messaging organisation is in charge of achieving this goal. We have a diverse group of software engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers and marketers to make all this possible.
Email Marketing Designer - Marketing Messaging
An Email Marketing designer is responsible for understanding the needs and constraints of the user, the business, and the technical implementation, and applying their craft to create the most practical solutions to achieve the teams and businesses goals. Work directly in a team within their subject area to define and execute the design details and make our emails & push notifications useful, usable, and desirable through holistic, transparent, and accessible means. Produce innovative and comprehensively-detailed designs in order to drive the execution while ensuring their ideas are clearly understood by others through collaboration, testing and
documentation. They ensure that design guidelines and best practices are applied. Works with product and engineering to ensure content is accurately portrayed.
- Effectively utilises a variety of research and data to better understand and design for user needs and to inform design decisions, validate hypotheses and document insights.
- Creates high-quality design assets and solutions for their team and track to improve the overarching user experience, usability and accessibility of our emails and push notifications
- Seeks out timely feedback and critique as fuel to improve design solutions and strategy; proactively seeks out collaboration and co-design opportunities in order to provide holistic user experiences and shows willingness to iterate to define and refine solutions.
- Acts consistently as an advocate for end user needs and perspectives in product area discussions, reviews, and critiques.
- Demonstrates applied understanding of Booking's brand standards and design systems, principles and guidelines and applies them in their work.
- Has knowledge of design tools, testing environments and Email coding languages such as HTML, CSS, etc where relevant to execute their solutions within the scope of their team.
- Communicates effectively, candidly, collaboratively and constructively so that team objectives are met and rapport and trust are established.
Skills And Qualities
- 3-5 years Email Marketing & UX design experience
- Knowledge of email development using HTML, CSS, optimization for different email clients, testing and prototyping tools
- Knowledge using core design tools, like Figma, Litmus and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experienced developing e-commerce products, commercial mindset, seek to maximize business impact
- Strong communication and collaboration, team player and fast learner
- Passionate about email design and product
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task & flexible attitude
- Language: English
- Has experience with Messaging CRM systems
- Knowledgeable about Customer Data Protection regulations