Perkins School for the Blind is a progressive, multi-faceted organization committed to improving the lives of people with blindness and deafblindness all around the world. The Email Marketing Manager will be a part of a dynamic team of digital marketing strategists who are driving Perkins School for the Blind’s digital transformation.
We are in search of an Email Marketing Manager who can transform our email marketing program across the board, with the goal of maximizing audience engagement, growing audience, and cultivating donors.
This role is an opportunity to be a true thought leader and partner in an organization that’s seeking to elevate its digital marketing know-how and capabilities for the long-term. You’ll work collaboratively with teams across the Perkins campus to help them reach, activate and nurture their audiences, especially donors, always with an eye to how Perkins is communicating with our audiences at any given moment. Fundamentally, you will lead Perkins to an intelligent, modern email strategy that positions us for sustainable growth.
You are committed to excellence, and you’re a collaborative teammate with a positive outlook and an interest in work-life balance. And, you have a passion for doing important work that can change children’s lives. Interest in fundraising is a big plus, while mastery of modern email marketing is critical.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations include the following:
- Ownership of the full Marketing email tech stack, including experience with Campaign Monitor, HubSpot, Marketo, 250ok, Litmus, Validity, or similar tools.
- Drive strategic email growth initiatives focused on the user journey through acquisition, conversion, retention, engagement, and more for organizational programs and fundraising
- Lead team in conceptualizing, creating, and executing on new email initiatives integrated with the overarching digital strategy, utilizing automated and personalized tools and features
- Oversee, implement and approve email campaigns ensuring they follow current best practices, adhere to Perkins mission and have the maximum impact.
- Own the organization’s email lists and segmentation, implementing opt-in strategy to drive growth and optimize user experience
- Mastery and ownership of both domestic and global data regulations including CAN-SPAM and GDPR
- Monitor and manage email deliverability and account reputation, best practices, sender reputation and IP health to drive increased inbox placement and email stats
- Analyze campaign performance to identify trends and new opportunities for growth
- Define and monitor KPIs to be able to react to changes quickly and decisively
- Partner with internal stakeholders to optimize department use of email data with the goal of identifying new leads and growing awareness of Perkins’ programs
- Develop and maintain subscriber acquisition strategy by working closely with content creators and key stakeholders implementing lead gen and multi-channel tactics as needed
- Own/drive subscriber reengagement strategy to ensure we're reengaging dormant/unengaged subscribers to maximize our reach
- Audit and maintain overall contact strategy and frequency of communication across our subscribed database
- Be an expert in evolving email marketing tactics, tools, and features, including overall trends in marketing technology
- Understand the technical and functional capabilities of system applications as they relate to the web, such as Salesforce, Form Assembly, Campaign Monitor, Drupal, Wordpress as well as emerging and legacy platforms.
- Manage and administer online forms, webpages, widgets, analytics and other initiatives to enhance the data, usability, and effectiveness of web applications.
- Must be able to communicate complex technical concepts to general audiences, novices, and experts.
- Monitor and report on key metrics to adapt and strengthen the organization’s mission and vision as it relates to the web.
- Recommends tactics to support Perkins mission, including rationalizing and justifying enhancements to functionality and experience or adoption of new technologies.
- Update content in a web content management system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Outstanding communicator and relationship-builder, with the ability to thrive in a collaborative organization with multi-disciplinary teams
- Deep expertise in applying analytics to strategy
- Positive attitude, professionalism, flexibility
- Develop and document a collaborative approach and a timely and transparent project management workflow.
- Ability to track and balance a number of projects using a Work OS and maintain flexibility.
- Technical and analytical experience with online CRM systems
- Knowledge of content management systems (preferably Drupal and Wordpress).
- Proficiency in web production and programming languages, including advanced skills in HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of software related to the position, including Google Analytics and Data Studio and web-based applications
- Experience or interest in learning about and implementing web accessibility standards
- Independent self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with an analytical approach to objectives
- Cross-functional team member who can pivot and assist with other staff members tasks, projects or responsibilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to work well as part of a team and work effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Communications, Marketing or related field required.
- Three to five years of relevant experience with email marketing, project management, web applications and familiarity with technical concepts.
- Normal office environment
- Normal office environment; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.