NerdWallet is looking for a talented Email Content Strategist to join our highly collaborative, centralized Content Strategy team. Too often, the world of personal finance is obscure, stuffy, and promotional — leaving people feeling confused or, worse, manipulated. But, NerdWallet’s changing all that. We’re looking for a self-driven, strategic-minded creative problem solver who’s passionate about making the world of personal finance clear, human and approachable.
Want to join us? As a qualified candidate, you’ll be fluent in email metrics and have a track record of successful email ideation, collaboration, and content execution, as well as the ability to write on-brand copy that inspires and educates. Also a must? Partnering closely with our CRM channel managers to refine strategy; as well as define and drive creative direction for email and push notifications.
Where you can make an impact:
- Write and edit our customer communications. Building a relationship with our users via personalized information and delightful storytelling within their inbox
- A keen ability to interpret creative briefs and turn that information into high-performing creative
- Perspective that allows you to zoom out and see the entire email ecosystem; considering how new campaigns fit into our large system.
- Understand how email fits into and supports the larger NerdWallet customer journey
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure content and visuals work together and that emails go out on time and on brand — checking off both business and brand objectives
- Share your work across teams and with your fellow content strategists. Expertly articulating your creative approach as well as the results from messaging testing
- Practice and advocate for simplicity, clarity, and brevity in all communication channels
- Digest performance metrics and stay on top of industry trends and best practices
- Write miscellaneous copy – internal, recruiting, social etc – as needed
We recognize not everyone will meet all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 3-4 years of related experience on an in-house creative team or at an advertising or marketing agency
- A strong portfolio — featuring innovative and thoughtful email executions and success stories
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A love of storytelling and thinking outside the box to create impactful user experiences and marketing materials
- Bonus points: Experience writing about financial products (think credit cards, banking, mortgages/loans, insurance or investing)
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.