The College of Health Solutions at Arizona State University seeks a team-oriented and detail-oriented professional for the role of Email Marketing Coordinator. The person in this role will plan and execute email marketing campaigns, relying on a blend of technical and marketing expertise. Responsibilities also include analytics and reporting on the performance of the college’s email and web marketing efforts and making recommendations for improvements. Ideal candidates are collaborative and resourceful with an eager-to-learn attitude. The position is part of an integrated marketing and events team that works to advance the strategic goals of the college.
$50,000 - $60,000 per year; DOE
- Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud to design and build a variety of mass emails, including campaigns related to events, development, recruitment, student retention and alumni engagement.
- Incorporate copy and graphics created by or in collaboration with other team members.
- Maintain, update and segment recipient lists.
- Design and code email templates.
- Test emails across multiple email clients to ensure optimal functionality.
- Ensure emails meet brand standards set by the college and university.
- Personalize emails using dynamic content and custom fields.
- Develop email journeys and email automation for various audiences.
- Manage the email quality assurance process by checking all aspects of the email campaign, including links, subject line, pre-header and sender profile.
- Run analytics for both email and web using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics and enterprise tools.
- Report key metrics for email campaigns and websites.
- Provide recommendations and insights to improve performance and effectiveness of email campaigns.
- Collaborate with other members of the Marketing and Event Solutions team, including a copywriter, graphic designer and web marketing specialist.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or a closely related mass email platform.
- Experience designing, creating and monitoring mass email campaigns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of email marketing best practices.
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML for email marketing.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to create simple spreadsheets.
- Experience using Google Analytics to review website performance.
- Experience in planning and organizing work and initiating action to follow processes and achieve results.
- Experience in work that requires attention to detail, critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Evidence in being flexible and responsive to change.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, collaborative team-based work environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Experience in copywriting skills are a plus.
- Use basic math.
- Deliver presentations.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear.
- Use office equipment, i.e. printers, copiers, fax machines, telephones, calculator.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, may include/subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Use of software/computer equipment for extended periods of time.
- Use critical thinking to make decisions and/or analyze and report data/results of tests conducted.
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations and a commitment to sustainability, innovation and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market.
Flexible work options:
This position is eligible for Hybrid work. This is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location.
IMPORTANT NOTE:What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.