In the words of Inc. Magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
We’re just getting started .
About The Team
Email marketing is at the core of everything we do. Working closely with our content, design, advertising, and data science teams, our email team builds our global communities, communicates with our customers, and ensures our event attendees are informed and prepared to get a world-class event experience.
We’re looking for a creative content marketer who understands the power of email marketing to join our team, and to help us scale our email and attendee communications strategies as our global events and brand continue to grow.
What You'll Achieve At Web Summit
- Supported by our email marketing lead, you’ll build an understanding of our email audiences and our content strategy
- You’ll work closely with members of the email and content teams to build end-to-end campaigns for customer acquisition and lead nurturing campaigns
- You’ll work with our community team to deliver community-nurturing email campaigns and to execute key ticket initiatives, such as our women in tech initiative
- You’ll work closely with our design team to create engaging and standout email content and template designs for many different types of email campaigns
- You’ll work with our advertising team to execute cross-channel email campaigns and automations
- You’ll keep testing and optimisation at front of mind for content messaging and at all points in the execution of email campaigns
Who You Are
- You have a design-oriented mind with a passion for email content design and campaign concept development
- You’re naturally curious, and want to experiment with new and creative ideas all the time
- You’re able to create content that marries images and words together in an attractive and eye-catching way
- You’re an excellent communicator with an eye for detail
- You’re inspired by technology and innovation, can spot trends, and keep up-to-date with the latest ideas in technology and marketing
- You’re a planner and are capable of thinking ahead for how what is done today will affect tomorrow
- You have a good knowledge of online marketing, and you have experience with different marketing tools
- You understand the power of making data-driven decisions in content design and campaign execution
- You’ll be a good listener. No matter how crazy the ideas are, you will be able to find creative ways to turn them into reality
Skills And Abilities We're Looking For
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in marketing communications
- Experience with graphic design basics and copywriting
- Fluent English speaker with the ability to write truly engaging content.
- Experience delivering to strict deadlines
- A desire to be part of a fast and varied business environment where flexibility is a must and direction can change quickly
- A passion and curiosity for the tech world, as well as for digital and social media marketing
- Experience working with data and making sense of complex databases
- Solid customer relationship experience
Perks And Benefits
- Hybrid working model benefit open to all employees.
- Fully subsidised healthcare, dental, employee assistance programme(EAP) and more.
- A dedicated in house L&D department, with access to workshops, online learning and resources to help you excel in your career development.
- Company laptop, generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Our very own “Tramway team” who drive community and morale boosting events for employees to participate in.
- Annual company get togethers, company charity days and monthly wellbeing talks.
At Web Summit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.