The Division of Enrollment Management (EM) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UT) invites applications and nominations for an Email Marketing Coordinator with EM Communications. UT is seeking candidates who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
UT is the state’s flagship research institution, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. Enrolling more than 28,000 students, the campus is located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in beautiful East Tennessee. As a land-grant university, UT fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement. The EM division comprises more than 150 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, One Stop Student Services, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, EM Communications, and the Veterans Resource Center.
We are looking for a passionate communicator with a love of marketing and storytelling. This position requires creativity, interpersonal communication, and collaboration among the team and across campus. You’ll join the fun and creative working environment of the EM Communications Office. Be prepared for a fast-paced, everyday-is- different environment with opportunities to contribute new ideas about ways to communicate and impact prospective and current students.
As a member of the EM Communications team, this full-time, exempt position will develop, execute, and report on a variety of email, text, and print marketing campaigns for multiple departments for EM. The coordinator is responsible for the creation, testing, deployment, and analysis portfolio of email and SMS campaigns. The coordinator will also communicate with stakeholders regarding project requirements, status, and deadlines.
- Create marketing emails, texts, and print (mailing tracks) in CRM systems such as Slate, Banner, Emma, etc.
- Develop strategic email and SMS communication plan for outreach efforts to prospective students, current students, parents, high school counselors, and campus partners.
- Lead creation of content and copywriting for communications plan.
- Lead project requirements, delivery of assets, and production timelines.
- Consult with campus partners to determine communication requirements and needs in order to plan and implement those efforts.
- Monitor, adjust, and report on content performance to keep internal leadership and stakeholders informed and to ensure continuous improvement.
- Research, benchmark, and evaluate competitors/industry best practices.
- Develop best practices related to email and SMS communications for EM division.
- Perform test list deployments to ensure content accuracy, rendering across devices and browsers, and link functionality.
- Prepare, upload, and test queries required for communications.
- Coordinate stakeholder proofing of emails, process edits and feedback from reviewers, and manage final approval process.
- Develop a schedule of email sends, confirm scheduling with stakeholders, and monitor deployments for completion and deliverability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise relating to email creation, send, and delivery.
- Generate and distribute metrics to internal leadership team.
- Develop and monitor overall email calendar to ensure optimal email frequency and cadence.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders on available email functionality and consult with internal leadership team for new product features as needs arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related area.
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience related to duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices.
- Experience working under tight deadlines.
- Experience with email distribution programs.
- Experience with HTML editors and coding, Mac operating systems, and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with databases and list management.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects from a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at various levels with a variety of backgrounds.
- Must exhibit exceptional attention to detail and have the ability to produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to learn, be flexible to change, and be innovative.
- Ability to be creative and proactive yet disciplined, in order to prioritize workload.
- Master’s degree in marketing, communications, or related area.
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and WordPress
- Knowledge of higher education workflow.
- Knowledge and understanding of one or more production disciplines: print, digital, and broadcast (multi-media).
- Experience using Slate CRM, Asana project management system, Banner, and/or Emma.
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat.
- Knowledge of university style and communications standards.
Applicants should submit a cover letter detailing relevant experience along with a resume and the name, address, and telephone number of three professional references.