Title: Email Marketing Coordinator
Reports To:Sr. Marketing Manager, Sales & Membership
FLSA Type:Salary Exempt
When you join Sounders FC you join a soccer-loving, socially progressive, ambitious Club rooted in the best soccer city in America. We have one of the most passionate sports fan bases in North America who are invested in the Sounders as much for our commitment to making a positive impact in our communities as they are for our winning traditions having been in the playoffs every year since our MLS debut in 2009.
Through both digital and live experiences, the Brand Marketing department curates club, fan and cultural stories to build meaningful connections and serve as leaders invested the progress of our Seattle community. As part of the Marketing department, the Membership & Sales team orchestrates communications and develops strategies to reach the right audience, with the right message, at the right time, while activating the smartest digital channel mix to drive brand and business objectives.
As the Email Marketing Coordinator, you will be responsible for the scheduling, creation, execution, and analysis of all email marketing programs and campaigns. You will maintain and enhance our existing email marketing campaigns from end to end, including creative development, copywriting, scheduling, segmentation, testing and analysis. Within the Brand Marketing team, you will work closely with your team, as well as with the Digital, Creative, Operations and Ticketing, Sales & Service teams.
The ideal candidate will leverage digital marketing experience to think strategically and execute best in class email marketing sends and journeys. The candidate should feel comfortable working with multiple stakeholders, managing several deliverables and appropriately prioritizing work based on business impact. This role will collaborate closely with Business Intelligence, Ticket Sales & Service, Social Impact and Corporate Partnership teams to deliver first-class fan experiences across all our platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to create and deliver compelling email communications, including newsletters, ticket on-sales, partner communications and more.
- Oversee day-to-day email operations to ensure emails are completed and deployed on schedule
- Daily monitoring of campaign performance (deliverability, KPI’s, etc.)
- Maintain email marketing calendar across all email tiers including timing, cadence, promotional plans
- Partner closely with internal Creative, Live Experience, Ticketing, and Business Intelligence teams to create strategy and content in support of brand initiatives and KPIs
- Grow the email list and maintain its health by managing deliverability, contact frequency and content
- Own and maintain projects in our internal Project Management tool, Wrike
- Write and propose content for various emails, utilizing expertise and knowledge of industry best practices
Journey & Automation:
- Work with Business Intelligence team to optimize list performance, audiences and touchpoints based on customer data
- Segment email lists and work with Data Strategy team to perform audience segmentation and list pulls
Analytics & Reporting:
- Analyze & interpret email campaign performance, leverage insights to make proactive recommendations
- Assist in weekly, monthly and end of year reporting on all email programs and sends
- Ability to report from multiple platforms including Google Analytics, Tableau, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Primary point of contact with external agency to build and schedule emails
- Maintain daily communication, scheduling, and alignment on weekly priorities
- Other duties as they are assigned
- 1+ years’ experience in marketing
- Excellent copywriting, written and communication skills
- Some experience working with CRM software, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud and managing daily email campaigns preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Proven experience building positive working relationships with external vendors and agencies; and working in internal cross-functional teams
- Strong task management capabilities to manage multiple tracks of work and requirements
- Fundamental knowledge of soccer, Sounders FC, and Major League Soccer
APPLICABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Google Analytics
- CRM Knowledge
- This is a hybrid position working primarily remote with occasional participation in Sounders FC events and matchdays.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Employee must reside within Washington state upon date of hire.
- Employee must be able to facilitate own local travel.
- Must be fully vaccinated at the time of hire and follow all club and league COVID-19 protocols.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please contact the Sounders HR department with any questions.
The physical demands reflective of the duties and work environment herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sounders FC is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.