Reports to: Email Marketing Manager
Status: Full Time /Non-exempt
Do you have a passion for Marketing and love to learn? Do you thrive in a team environment and love developing marketing materials and driving effective email campaigns? If so, we have the position for you!
The Email Marketing Coordinator will be involved in multiple marketing projects with responsibilities that focus on the email lead-gen channel, with additional support on other marketing activities as assigned, such as brand building, and supporting compelling marketing content for customers and prospects. The ideal candidate will possess excellent technical aptitude, attention to detail, understanding of email best practices, and a creative eye to improve output and increase engagement. This position offers a great opportunity to support all aspects of marketing, and as a learning company, we’ll teach you what you’ll need to evolve as long as you bring the can-do attitude.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email development, campaign set-up, A/B testing, browser testing, scheduling, and constant optimization for increased engagement.
- Work closely with the marketing team to assist in trafficking marketing content in support of new email nurtures/campaigns.
- Work closely with the IS team to support ongoing template development for migration of transactional enrollment-related communications leveraging our automation platform (SendGrid).
- Prepare status reports on email marketing efforts, gather, and analyze data in order to provide insights and recommendations to marketing leadership.
- Assist in other marketing duties as assigned, which may include content production, web page maintenance, maintenance of the marketing campaign management system, tracking of individual priorities and key objectives, copy editing and proofing.
- Ability to comply with COVID-19 vaccination requirement for government contractors.
- Ability to work in a hybrid work model which includes working in the Herndon office two days per week or as needed based on project assignments.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree desired or educational equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, MS Office (emphasis on Excel).
- Knowledge of email and social media best practices and experience with social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Interest and willingness to be a team player and assist with overall marketing needs and projects.
- Familiarity with standard marketing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Self-starter with a consultative working style and customer service orientation, who can meet changing demands and adapt to changing priorities.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.