The world has changed. Why hasn't insurance?
Kin's mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago's 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what's the role?
We are looking for an Email Marketing Coordinator who is passionate about creating delightful, personalized experiences throughout the customer journey to join our Marketing Team. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, digital storyteller, and strategic thinker who can transform business knowledge, data, and consumer insights into compelling communications that deliver results. You will be responsible for creating email & SMS campaigns, analyzing previous campaigns, and testing new strategies while collaborating with a dynamic, growth-focused team. . You will work closely with the Email Marketing Manager, as well as stakeholders from other departments, to play a vital role in building trust with our audience and shaping Kin's digital-first buying experience.
A day in the life could include:
- Day-to-day management of email campaigns, including editing messages, leading design and copy reviews, structuring A/B testing, scheduling deliveries, managing marketing calendar, and reporting on results.
- Partner with creative, content, and sales teams to develop rich email experiences that create engagement, build trust, and drive sales.
- Be an expert in our email marketing performance, reviewing it on an ongoing basis and providing recommendations for improvements and quick-win optimizations.
- Strategize and execute campaigns end-to-end that make an impact at different stages of the customer lifecycle to drive awareness, engagement, and retention.
- Coordinate with our acquisition marketers to target marketing activities across the customer journey and buying cycle.
I've got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous copywriting experience.
- Experience working with an ESP, preferably Customer.io.
- Familiarity with Figma to resize and pull images, along with slicing email content if needed.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- 1-2 years of previous experience in Email Marketing
- Basic HTML/CSS.
- Experience in developing dynamic content and email automation.
- Experience working at a fast-paced growth-stage company.
- Experience working in financial services or regulated industries.
Oh, and don't worry, we've got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we're making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We're a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it's how we treat each other. That's one of the many reasons we've been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don't discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.