At Jane, we’re working to find the best ways to help small businesses succeed, and we’re using the latest technology to build a better online marketplace. We have some pretty big goals and are always looking for talented people far and wide who want to be a part of something new. We not only work hard at our jobs but also to maintain a culture of authenticity and collaboration all while being Remote First. Join us and enjoy the #janelife to its fullest.
Lead with empathy
Just say it
Make it count
Make your mark
We’re looking for an up-and-coming marketing rock star who is ready to learn everything there is to know about email marketing. You’ll be involved in coding, testing, and sending email campaigns to our loyal customer base. You’ll also assist in reporting and analyzing email data and performance. As part of the email team, you’ll be involved in helping design the overall email strategy and campaign development.
In this role, you have the opportunity to help create and influence one of Jane's most important touchpoints with its customers. This is our most profitable channel of communication with our customers. It is critical that emails are tested and correct when sent to our email list and that the data that comes back from that is analyzed and understood to make smart decisions for future emails.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Leveraging an eye for detail, produce (some HTML), proofread, segment, and schedule email and web/app push campaigns
- Perform editorial and technical quality assurance for all outgoing email/push campaigns
- Measure and report on the impact of email campaigns
- Support email/push campaign ideation and overall marketing campaign ideation
- Work with the marketing team to ensure email design is user and mobile-friendly reflects best practices and past test learnings and aligns with brand guidelines
- Execute tests to improve email marketing KPIs (click rate, conversion rate, etc.)
- Assist in various marketing projects and ad-hoc reporting
- Own the email marketing customer support Slack channel (assisting in resolving email issues)
- Basic HTML experience preferred
- Basic understanding of email marketing
- Preferred experience of working with an enterprise-level ESP (Email Service Provider)
- Internship or an entry-level position in email marketing or 1-2 years of general marketing experience
- Experience in marketing campaign management
- Experience in retail or eCommerce is a plus
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or Computer Science
Jane is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Remote positions can be located anywhere within the United States, Ontario or British Columbia, Canada.