Email Marketing Coordinator
Embarcadero Media, the Peninsula’s leading media company, is seeking a hands-on, adaptable Email Marketing Coordinatorto join our marketing team.
Under the guidance of the Director of Marketing and Audience Development,you will grow to oversee all aspects of email marketing campaigns, including copywriting and editing to convey the appropriate brand tone of voice, working toward becoming the guru of email marketing tools and developing your eye to influence email design. You will also collaborate with coworkers across departments, and apply your understanding of email marketing best practices and strategies to increase performance.
In addition to email marketing, the Email Marketing Coordinatorworks more broadly with the marketing team on various projects, marketing tasks, and daily administrative duties that include reporting, live and virtual events, social media, and managing marketing calendars to support the engagement, and outreach of our award-winning print and digital news publications on the Peninsula and in the East Bay. This is a great opportunity for someone in the early stages of their career who wants to experience a wide variety of marketing projects and grow within the marketing, content, and media industries.
Occasional night and weekend attendance at community meetings, events, and receptions are required. TheEmail Marketing Coordinatorposition is currently designed as a hybrid role. Embarcadero Media is currently operating in a hybrid model and is adapting as necessary, following CDC guidelines.
The Ideal Email Marketing Coordinator
- has experience working in Mailchimp
- holds a deep desire to connect with our local communities through the written word and has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- lives on or is intimately familiar with the San Francisco Peninsula
- relies on his/her resourcefulness to get the job done but also knows when to escalate questions/issues
- is an organized go-getter who can swiftly switch gears and wear multiple hats
- has a passion for building skills in multiple facets of marketing including content creation, copywriting, data analytics, email, mobile, social media, outreach, and partnerships
- is quickly able to learn on the fly, i.e., learning how to use new marketing tools
- Bonus if you have experience working in InDesign and/or Google Analytics
- feels comfortable using digital media and social networking tools
- is thorough and detailed-oriented, finding even the smallest typos is your jam
- is a team player
- works with the Director of Marketing and Audience Development, through the research, planning, creation, and execution phases of B2C (reader subscriptions and memberships) and B2B (advertising clients) email marketing newsletters and campaigns for a portfolio of six local news and lifestyle brands (print and digital)
- support membership growth and retention marketing strategies to build reader revenue
- manages email audience segmentation
- help manage communication and projects for Institutional Members
- support and execute content development for social media channels, advertising clients, and sales enablement
- support/coordinate corporate and member/reader events
- monitor and report on digital campaign performance and analytics
- perform other periodic duties for the sales support team
- help organize and maintain CRM system to support sales efforts
- identify untapped opportunities for marketing and community outreach
- assist senior management (CEO, CFO, and VP/Sales) as needed on special projects
- help plan and execute live and virtual events including the use of tools such as Zoomor Facebook Live
- regularly updateEmail Marketing Coordinator resources including how-to guides, playbooks, and tutorials
- Bachelor's degree, with a Marketing or Communication major is preferred
To learn more about Embarcadero Media: embarcaderomediagroup.com
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to the Director of Marketing and Audience Development, Heidi Hartley at [email protected]