CleanChoice Energy is a fast-growing renewable energy company. We envision a world free of catastrophic climate change with pure, clean air and abundant renewable energy. Our mission since day one has been to make clean energy accessible for everybody.
Our team consists of experts in clean energy, marketing, product, data, technology, entrepreneurship, and other fields who work to transform the U.S. electricity market by switching homes and businesses to clean, renewable energy. And while a job at CleanChoice Energy comes with excitement, challenges, and growth opportunities, it also comes with something more important: that unbeatably good feeling that you're working hard to change the environment—and the world. After all, we're in this together.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a highly productive, adaptable, and detail-oriented Email Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing Team. In this role, you’ll collaborate with the Email Marketing Team to deliver an exceptional email experience for our subscribers. The right candidate is excited to contribute to the growth, development, and successful execution of our marketing email campaigns.
The role is based in Washington, DC, and will report to the Email Marketing Manager.
Our headquarters are currently closed and remote work is in place until further notice due to COVID-19.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the end-to-end production of email marketing campaigns—build emails using HTML/CSS, set up audiences & A/B tests, QA, and send through Braze
- Develop email copy and creative and secure necessary approvals
- Set up A/B tests and evaluate email metrics and digital analytics to make actionable recommendations and inform the development of new tests
- Work within the Email Marketing Team to maintain email marketing and testing calendars and implement plans according to goals
- Work collaboratively across the Marketing, Product, Operations, and Technology teams to develop strong, productive relationships with coworkers
- Stay current on and experiment with new email and digital marketing tactics to increase conversions and to tell the story of our brand
- Gain an understanding of retail electricity, clean energy, and community solar markets
- Other duties as assigned
Experience you bring:
- You have 1-3 years of experience in digital marketing with emphasis on email marketing
- You have hands on experience with a major ESP, like Braze
- You have strong copywriting and copywriting skills
- You have working knowledge of HTML and/or CSS
- You have the ability to analyze email and web metrics and generate hypotheses
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You’re highly organized and excel in time management
- You have an eye for detail, ensuring emails are deployed perfectly for every send
- You have a collaborative working style and enjoy building strong cross-functional relationships
- You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable tackling problems in ambiguous situations
- You’re highly adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have the desire and ability to learn new tools and techniques; experience with Salesforce CRM, JIRA and/or Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- You have passion to make our environment more sustainable, and our air cleaner
You’ll love working at CleanChoice Energy because:
- Beautiful office space in DC—overlooking the C&O Canal. We’re one block from the Georgetown waterfront.
- Just like we care about the health of the environment, we also care about the health of our employees. We offer all of our employees a robust and diverse set of health, vision, and dental options to best fit their needs.
- Healthy work/life balance.
- A kitchen stocked with fresh fruit, healthy snacks, and local cold brew coffee.
- A diverse work environment that fosters innovation and collaboration.
About CleanChoice Energy
CleanChoice Energy is an industry-leading, renewable energy company that empowers people and businesses to lead cleaner, healthier lives. We envision a world free of catastrophic climate change with pure, clean air for everyone. That’s why we are switching as many U.S. households as possible to 100% clean, pollution-free energy. Our innovative approach is helping to transform the energy industry — making it easy for consumers across the country to switch to clean energy in just minutes. At CleanChoice, we believe in making a difference: contributing millions of dollars to social impact and environmental organizations through our strategic partnerships; driving the conversation around clean energy in key national forums; and, together with our customers, avoiding the equivalent of 4 billion pounds of carbon pollution. CleanChoice is consistently recognized as one of the fastest-growing businesses in America as ranked on the Inc. 5000 and has been included in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™. We are proud of our strong, positive work environment and our team of bright, motivated professionals who work diligently to help secure a better future for our planet.
This position offers compensation commensurate with experience and skills and a robust benefits package.