What's Bench? Check us out in Fintech Impact, Perkins + Will, Daily Hive, BC Business, our Instagram, and our Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We're a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We've paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we've onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We're looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What does this role look like?
Working as a part of our Client Strategy team, the Client Communications Coordinator will be responsible for establishing a system and schedule by which we communicate to our existing clients. This role—and this team—are brand new. This means that we're looking for an up-to-it individual who will create and own the process by which all of our teams coordinate when communication is sent to our clients in a way that maximizes the client experience.
Alongside the Client Strategy Manager, you'll plan for how we create the best experience that allows us to make a profound impact on our clients' quality of life.
What you'll be getting up to:
- Building out and executing on planned client marketing campaigns within Marketo
- Creating and owning the process by which all of our teams send out client communications
- Planning and creating modules in the client app using Appcues
- Collaborating with our Business Operations team to create and manage the lists/audience segmentation and data cleanliness in Marketo
- Collecting and analyzing data from marketing initiatives to make adjustments and informed decisions for future campaigns
- Collaborating with other teams at Bench to ensure that how we communicate with our clients is planned and creates the best client experience
- Ensuring the accuracy and completion of the campaigns you send out as well as collecting data on their effectiveness
- Working closely with the Client Strategy Manager to experiment with the best way to create leads from our client base and execute on those tests
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be:
- Experienced with content writing and editing - You'll be writing content briefs, editing articles, and updating existing articles where content has become out-dated or new information has become available. Being able to do this with minimal supervision is a must.
- Agile - As a part of a brand new team at Bench you'll need to be able to quickly adapt to new situations, projects, workflows, products and challenges. We often need to quickly implement new process changes so fast learners and people with experience working in fast-paced environments are a major plus!
- Responsible - As part of a small team, your contribution will have a big impact. You will need to own your work and be accountable for delivering quality results.
- Organized - You'll be juggling requests from several different teams, all while creating a schedule for communications. The ability to organize your workflow, create efficiencies, and prioritize work allows you to widen your impact across Bench.
- A collaborator - You'll be working with several teams to understand their needs and the needs of our clients. You must be able to collaborate to produce results.
- A communicator - Clear and concise communication (verbal and written) makes sure you're effectively informing stakeholders of the initiatives you are working on and communicating when changes need to be made.
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Marketo experience - You'll be working in Marketo to create campaigns, so having a grasp on the basic functionality is preferred.
- Salesforce experience - You'll be looking to Salesforce for client insights—an understanding of the CRM's reporting capabilities will be an asset.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We'll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.