Hey there, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don’t have brick-and-mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful modern furniture. We've ranked as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the last three years, and we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members who want to solve meaningful problems in pursuit of being remarkably better for our customers.
We’re looking for an Email Marketing Coordinator to build, deploy and analyze our email marketing campaigns. We know, that sounds like a lot, but you won’t be alone on your quest to create a “buzz worthy” D2C email campaign. You’ll have the chance to work closely with Creative, Tech, and Marketing teams #WinTogether. The role will report directly to the Email Marketing Manager on the Ads team, which consists of SEO, Direct Mail, Traditional Media and Digital Media.
Remote work is an option +/- 4 hours of PST.
What You'll Be Doing
Ensure Success Of Email Marketing Campaigns Through Design
- Build and own Article email marketing templates. Work with design to stay on-brand while also working with the Email Marketing Manager to meet channel strategy requirements.
- Work with the Ecomm and Design teams to present a cohesive look and feel from website to email.
- Continually test and optimize layout and designs with Email Marketing Manager.
- Define and maintain email design and coding best practices for different screen sizes, different mailbox providers, mobile apps, and operating systems.
Identify new opportunities to improve email performance:
- Work with the Email Marketing Manager to analyze channel performance to identify inefficiencies and improvement opportunities around design. Use heat mapping in the Iterable program to optimize or test new designs.
- Collaborate with the Design Team to develop new ideas for email layout.
- Optimize the code within email to ensure quick loading times across multiple platforms.
“Do It Differently” by keeping pace with new developments in the industry:
- Actively research new developments and share insights.
- Liaise with outside teams (vendors, peers, etc.) to learn about new developments.
- Apply detailed scrutiny to current and new email code and design direction and opportunities to ensure they will meet Article’s campaign goals.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- General knowledge of HTML, CSS, and responsive-coding skills.
- General knowledge of Dreamweaver or HTML program.
- Keen understanding of email design best practices and UI design trends.
- Experience in testing to improve performance in new or existing campaigns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Experience with eCommerce email campaigns.
- Experience with Figma.
- Excellent typographic skills.
- Experience working with Iterable ESP or similar platform.
At Article, we believe in an “Ownership Mindset” where you’ll be given autonomy and the ability to own your work. Beyond a competitive salary:
- We reward that ownership mindset, so we offer stock options after one year of employment
- With our fast growth, we have a culture of curiosity, where learning happens on the fly — and while having a lot of fun
- Access to dental and health benefits package plus a health/lifestyle spending account for your total physical and mental well-being
- Discount on our products so you can experience first-hand why our customers love Article
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate
- Most HQ employees are working from home due to COVID-19. When it’s safe to return to the office, we have flexible solutions if you want to be in the office a lot, sometimes, or not at all.When our office is safe to reopen, you’ll love that:
- The Article HQ is a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, premium coffees and teas (and ALL the milks).
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we’d love to have them in the office too.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! For now, we've replaced them with creative virtual events for the time being — like virtual trivia night or a cooking class through Zoom!
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you