The Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law seeks a technology savvy email marketer to support the college’s enrollment, development and reputational goals. This individual will create, schedule, deploy and measure the effectiveness of email communications and campaigns. This position will report to ASU Law’s marketing director on the marketing and communications team.
ASU Law is embarking on an exciting journey, exploring new marketing and communications approaches and thus, this is an especially exciting role for someone who wants to apply a broad set of skills to take the college’s digital marketing efforts to the next level.
$37,440 - $52,000 per year; DOE
- Evaluating and creating reports of past performance of email communications and campaigns.
- Working to create a superior online customer experience through development of original optimized content that is deployed through Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Salesforce CRM and/or other comparable email marketing platforms.
- Collaborating with the college’s director of communications to create an editorial calendar for email communications that align with the college’s enrollment, development, and reputational goals.
- Developing documentation and flow charts for new and updated automated, segmented emails.
- Maintaining and optimizing automated drip campaigns over time to ensure relevance, accuracy and optimal performance.
- Creating integrated, interactive social media marketing campaigns that complement/reinforce other digital marketing efforts.
- Creating and implementing an evolved lead scoring system to evaluate activity, engagement and affinity as well as recommending how to prioritize leads accordingly.
- Pulling and pushing data from various lists and database sources; manipulating .csv and .xls files for segmented campaigns and ensuring the data is accurately mapped, tested and optimized.
- Coding HTML templates, text files, and individual email campaigns based on graphic designer specification and Photoshop files that meet email industry standards and comply with university guidelines.
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of email campaigns by critically evaluating and verifying large contact lists, thoroughly testing and proofing campaigns so that they comply with industry standards and maintaining a high email sending reputation.
- Staying abreast of the latest research, applying industry best practices and recommending new digital marketing techniques that continue to position ASU Law as a leader in marketing and communications.
- Leading, training and monitoring the activities of staff responsible for email marketing.
- Use skills such as attention to detail, excellent communication, innovative, adaptable, resourceful.
- Physical presence at the workplace is an essential function or requirement for this job.
- Performing other duties as assigned to support the goals of the department, the College of Law and Arizona State University.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Salesforce CRM and/or other comparable email marketing platforms
- Experience coding HTML templates
- Experience using Photoshop
- Experience managing the email marketing process, from strategy through to execution
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in work that requires organization and high attention to detail
- Experience working with confidential information
- Ability to embrace new ideas and innovation
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Use standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor and mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
The Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University is one of the nation’s preeminent law schools, focused on offering students a personalized legal education. Ranked No. 1 in Arizona since 2010 and No. 24 nationally by U.S. News & World Report, ASU Law offers students the opportunity to tailor their education, to match externships to their interests and career services resources to help land their ideal jobs. Additionally, ASU Law’s LEED Gold certified building in downtown Phoenix is steps away from the legal, political and economic heart of Arizona. For more information, visit law.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.