The Email Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution and reporting of best-in-class email campaigns that drive website visits, spur customer engagement, and create revenue for the American Kennel Club. The Email Coordinator works with other people within the Marketing team and internal business units to achieve brand and business objectives through the production, deployment, measurement, and maintenance of HTML email campaigns. The Coordinator’s primary focus will be on designing and building email templates for AKC Shop and AKC Sports and Events. The person in this role will gain exposure to a wide variety of email marketing tools and techniques as well as other critical brand marketing skills like copywriting and consumer targeting.
Primary Job Duties
- Build email templates, both in HTML and in the ESP’s WYSIWG, based on brand guidelines, stakeholder input, and best practices
- Work with AKC Shop team to build and copywrite AKC Shop emails (up to 5 per week) and deploy based on Shop production calendar
- Design re-usable messaging templates, HTML snippets, and libraries
- Identify proper consumer segmentation for each campaign working in conjunction with other marketing team members and business units
- Ensure proper renders by performing troubleshooting actions and revising code where necessary .
- Manage the marketing calendar for your area(s) in coordination with stakeholder needs and ensuring no conflicts with the Master Email Calendar.
- Lead communication with your stakeholders on campaign status (e.g. any cancellations or delays), results and suggestions for improvements
- Gain familiarity with all templates and campaigns in the AKC program; be prepared to serve as backup when other Team members are unavailable
- Assist with database hygiene and maintenance
- Respond to customer feedback to email campaigns
Required Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements
- BA/BS in Web Design and Development, Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications or related field; or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Canva, and Microsoft Office a PLUS
- Have a demonstrated interest in programming as well as superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exposure to CSS, HTML, and web platforms
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Had some exposure to CRM, loyalty, acquisition marketing, and lead management a plus