At How To Cake It, we provide our community of over 13+ million baking and sweets enthusiasts with everything they need to become better bakers. From leading educational resources such as online tutorials, interactive video courses and live workshops taught by world-class experts, to consumer goods such as cookbooks, baking tools, cookie decorating supplies, kitchenware, and other useful sweet-related merchandise that helps make baking more fun and memorable.
We have a passionate team of people working remotely around the world and at our production studio/headquarters in Toronto.
The Email Marketing Consultant will be responsible for managing the email platform from a strategy and execution perspective, ensuring that everything is in alignment with the Marketing Operations Manager/Internal Marketing POC’s overall strategy. This involves building out new email flows, campaign planning, as well as reporting on results to upper management.
The Email Marketing Consultant will also be responsible for collaborating with the Marketing Operations Manager, Social Content Specialist, and additional team members on content required for the marketing emails.
The ideal candidate will be able to build out a strategy as well as execute on it. They should be comfortable with liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve success. The candidate should also have strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple priorities at once.
Please note that this role is a part time, contract position, working an estimated 40 hours per month.
- Design overall email marketing strategy intended to Increase KPI’s like open rate, click through rate and revenue as determined by the Marketing Operations Manager.
- Build out and design new flows and bring mid-launch flows forward to completion, collaborating with the Head of Design to prepare for launch
- Oversee the updating and tweaking of flows with the copy and design teams, liaising on a monthly basis to review performance and decide on potential tweaks
- Liaise with Internal Marketing POC to confirm suggested tweaks to determine if any new offers need to be incorporated (e.g. if we push to a particular product in a flow, do we want to push to something else)
- Ensure flows are going out to the appropriate party and lists are clean and maintained
- Conduct campaign design and planning, based on approximately 20 emails per month, collaborating with the Internal Marketing POC to determine sales and launches
- Liaise with Social Content Specialist to establish social content that can be utilized in email and stay up to speed on social content coming down the pipeline for future email planning, requesting any additional assets needed
- Build campaign calendar around holidays, days of interest, performance data in addition to social content
- Liaise with Marketing Operations Manager and Social Content Specialist on establishing ways to increase and build company email list.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing email campaigns and flows
- Proven track record of ability to increase important metrics like open rate, click through rate, and revenue.
- Deep understanding of tools like Klayvio and Asana.
- Excellent computer skills with Google Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intellectually curious and a lifelong learner
Working at How To Cake It
This is a remote, part-time, contract position, working an estimated 40 hours per month. We value and invest in professional development, and as a high-growth company, offer significant opportunities to learn new skills, participate in new business initiatives, and grow your influence and role in the company over time.
We’re focused, driven, and passionate about our work – if you live and feel the same way, you’ll fit right in.
There is a tremendous opportunity for growth and success, as we continue to expand, and we can’t wait for you to be a part of it.
How to Cake it strives to build diverse teams that reflect the communities we work in, and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ+, veterans, and people with disabilities.