At over 45 years old and counting, B&H has built a reputation as the trusted resource for photography and videography enthusiasts via its NYC SuperStore and its award-winning website. Long known as "The Professional's Source", B&H is recognized by savvy consumers worldwide for its honest, knowledgeable guidance, expert tips and articles… and always-great prices.
B&H offers competitive salaries, medical benefits, a 401K plan, employee discounts and opportunities to grow within a high-energy, low-attitude environment. Make your move to B&H today!
The Email Marketing Coder/Developer is responsible for coding, template development, set-up, automation, integration and deployment of HTML/text email content to be sent to B&H subscribers/customers. This role reports to the Email Marketing Manager and requires an individual with excellent HTML/CSS skills, extensive email development experience, great teamwork, communication, organization, attention to detail and most importantly a passion for crafting attractive, engaging, and creative experiences in the inbox.
- Manipulating and coding email assets, typically from layered artwork files, into HTML
- Render test and analyze coded HTML to ensure proper rendering across ISPS and platforms
- Upload content, create proofing lists and set up Email Campaigns within the Email platform
- Code dynamic content and map variables within the campaign set up to drive versioning and customization of emails
- Perform QA (Quality Assurance) on own work as well as conducting peer review of campaign set up and coding to ensure accuracy
- Working with Campaign Manager/Account Managers in coordinating and communicating content change requests and production schedule
- Meeting deadlines for content publication
- Code responsive emails using HTML/CSS with email best practices in Email Platform
- Deliver production for all assigned email marketing campaigns, including slicing PSD files, converting to HTML, QA'ing against customer profiles, and addressing changes/revisions.
- Create scalable dynamic content logic by using our ESP's templating language and linking our backend data systems
- Serve as the point-of-contact for internal cross-functional teams (design, editorial, merchandising) on email campaign buildouts. Keep track of requests.
- Create & maintain version control of email development for our build/email deploy systems.
- Develop systems to organize code pieces and train the team on this system
- Quickly assess new projects (requirements) to identify level of effort and resources needed
- Serve as SME (subject matter expert) for coding and email design best practices. Provide training and mentoring to all email team members on code structure and the best practices to ensure consistency and the highest quality of output
- Collaborate with Web Development Team to create API calls to support transactional and triggered emails
- Support business requestors by revising static promotional emails to support commercial messaging as needed ("marketing emails" and messaging).
- Own readability and accurate email rendering across all major North American email clients and devices
- Utilize SQL to connect audiences with dynamic code pieces
- Requires being on-call for occasional deployment/trouble-shooting outside of regular business hours
- Adapt to new and evolving technologies for efficient email development/integration
- As assigned by Manager
Preferred Education, Experience And Licenses
- Technical degree from a 4-year university
- 4 years writing HTML/CSS
- Experience with the Emarsys platform a plus
Specific Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Proficient with Object Oriented design, HTML, and CSS
- High level understanding of dynamic E-Commerce websites and processes
- Resourceful, detail-oriented, and efficient research skills
- Articulate communicator, analytical, quick thinker, problem solver
- Strong technical skills including expertise in HTML, Adobe Suite
- Understanding of Web development tools / technologies such as Flash, CSS, Photoshop
- Process and Project Management
- Knowledge of B&H policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Motivated with a Positive Can-Do attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex or gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.