WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
You need a job. You want a career. Working someplace you can be yourself and belong while creating something that makes a difference. Something that makes the world a better place. Perfect timing. Hallmark is looking for someone like you.
The Hallmark Retail division is made up of a diverse group of people and functions, but we have one thing in common – we all support Hallmark Gold Crown stores in some way. We work to bring the Hallmark brand to life in retail and online, to ensure we are meeting customers exactly where they are. We help people connect with ease in a thoughtful and emotional way. We believe that sharing love and appreciation can change someone’s day—maybe even the world.
We are hiring an Email Marketing Campaign Specialist to join our omnichannel marketing team. The Email Marketing Campaign Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution of email and direct mail marketing programs in support of the Gold Crown Retail organization and other Hallmark business unit objectives. This includes ownership of the setup, maintenance, and reporting for recurring and triggered email communications. Additionally, this individual maintains a current understanding of email marketing best practices and applies them to the execution of our email campaigns in collaboration with the Marketing team in order to optimize business revenue & engagement.
WHO WE ARE:
The Retail Omnichannel Marketing team works in a fast-paced environment to create and deploy strategies and tactics for retention and acquisition of Hallmark Gold Crown store and website consumers. The team is accountable for the entire range of marketing activation activities including direct to consumer, digital, social, video and e-commerce, and leverages state-of-the-art automation tools such as the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to deliver impactful and innovative marketing.
THE EMAIL MARKETING CAMPAIGN SPECIALIST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Building and coding email campaigns using HTML, database file/segment selection, and quality assurance of all outbound campaigns
- Performs day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered, and dynamic content-driven campaigns and journeys
- Troubleshoots technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, technical issues, and other aspects of email execution, as required
- Outputs retention marketing (email and direct mail) database file segmentations and lists using CIM Teradata platform, writes data file set-up and output instructions and campaign packets for vendors, and manages respective projects with vendors
- Writes SQL to query databases and build audiences, and AmpScript to enable lookup and personalization within email campaigns in Sales Force Marketing Cloud
- Responsible for email marketing reporting and analysis to provide recommendations for marketing optimizations to enhance performance of marketing emails
- Stays abreast of and recommends email marketing best practices with coding, design and testing of email campaigns
- Responsible for staying up to date with email marketing industry benchmarks, best practices, and emerging trends and opportunities for marketing optimizations
- Communicates with internal team members effectively to execute email campaigns
- Develops and documents efficiencies in current and future processes
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of professional work experience
- Experience with email marketing and/or direct mail marketing
- Experience working with an email marketing platform
- Experience with databases, data structure, data manipulation, and/or data queries
Your resume will stand out if you have the following:
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with email tools (such as SalesForce Marketing Cloud, ExactTarget, Cheetah Mail, SilverPop, Responsys, Listrak, Lyris, Vertical Response, etc.)
- Experience with SalesForce Marketing Cloud email tools – including Content Builder, Automation Studio and Journey Builder
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce AmpScript
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL (plus experience with SQL in SFMC)
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML
- Experience with SFMC Platform API/Data feed integration experience highly desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- A self-motivated problem solver
- Ability to write database queries
- Ability and desire to learn quickly
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a high volume of projects and tasks at one time
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and exemplary attention to detail
- Good understanding of database concepts and segmentation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to troubleshoot coding problems
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and web site analytics tools such as, Google Analytics, Coremetrics and/or Omniture is a plus
- Passionate about the digital landscape with desire for continuous learning, development, and advancement
- Proactive, inquiring, and investigative mind
- Agency experience preferred
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At Hallmark, we help people feel connected to what matters. That’s true of our employees, just as it is our consumers. Providing benefits that support the lives and wellbeing of Hallmarkers is among the most important investments the company makes.
Hallmark benefits are designed to give you choices. Wherever you are in life, we want you to find the benefits that are right for you and your loved ones. Explore the Hallmark Benefits Guide to learn more.
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.