Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Email Marketing Campaign and Reporting Manager is fundamental to moving the Email Program’s campaigns from concept to deployable product, and translating campaign outcomes into data and reporting that can be analyzed and used to optimize future campaigns. Their understanding of our eCRM data and structure is important to enhancing future campaigns’ audience selections and improving KPIs.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, highly organized, strong in email fundraising strategies, communicative, innovative thinker, experienced digital campaign producer, creative problem-solver, personable and collaborative with the ability to work with a diverse group of people across various departments within the organization. Must have experience in email marketing campaign production across multiple donor groups, programs and platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Campaign Management (55%)
- Project managing the process toward execution of email communications from beginning to end; from calendaring, receiving drafts, approvals, assets coordination, source code requests, landing page coordination, link confirmations, audience creation, testing, reporting and optimization.
- Maintains email calendar, assuring accuracy and completeness.
- Requests appropriate source codes for emails.
- Tracks progress of assets for corresponding email campaigns, marking when they have been completed or received.
- Routes email copy to appropriate stakeholders. Reviews the proof with manager prior to returning edits to partner agency.
- Reviews email copy, links, UTM and sources codes, and creative prior to send to identify any errors prior to deployment.
- Monitors day-to-day progress of campaigns to make sure that deadlines are met. Troubleshoot /solve issues that may arise.
- Ensures email embodies complete & relevant customer experience.
- Consults with production, marketing, creative, agency partners and other stakeholders when appropriate to meet campaign deadlines or solve issues that have come up.
- Understands segmentation strategies and when appropriate, build new segmentation to optimize results within segments.
- Coordinates asset approval and delivery for email-only campaigns and integrated multi-channel campaigns.
- Documents and develop supporting processes as needed
B. Reporting & Analysis (30%)
- Utilizes the data from Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Heifer’s internal CRM (BBEC), and Google Analytics to build custom email campaign reports that provide deeper data analysis that existing email dashboard.
- Completes email marketing reporting and analytics by campaign, donor group, and other breakouts with documentation of any actionable recommendations resulting from campaigns or tests, to be reviewed with manager.
- Maintains reporting of all testing outcomes.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of campaigns, providing actionable insight for data-led optimization.
- Tracks changes in campaign performance year over year.
- Utilizes reporting to make recommendations and ongoing enhancement/optimization based on analysis of campaigns.
- Creates campaign summary reports for core campaigns, highlighting key achievements, improvements and areas of opportunity for the next campaign.
- Understands Heifer’s strategic goals, and donor groups for the purpose of recognizing the interplay of campaigns and donor performance and if KPIs are being met.
- Measures ongoing effectiveness of programs against target metrics.
- Analyzes data to gauge successful outcomes.
- Monitors nsubscribe/bounce/compliant rates & reporting anomalies with manager.
C. Data Management & eCRM Maintenance (10%)
- Acts as backup for Email Marketing Manager in the maintenance of eCRM, SFMC.
- Will maintain a complete understanding of data structure, data management, and data interconnection in SFMC.
- Monitors that automations and FTP transfers are running successfully, if errors or failures occur- work with appropriate stakeholders to correct errors.
- Utilizes admin level SFMC access to maintain organization in the system, submit support tickets, and data hygiene.
· Makes updates to email segments & creates new segment queries as needed.
D. May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum three (3) years of experience in mass market fundraising digital channels and marketing project management.
Fundraising, data management, project management, and email marketing experience including hands-on experience implementing and optimizing email campaigns, working closely with design, marketing and/or product teams and reporting. Non-Profit work experience. Proven ability managing data and creating advanced reports. Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of internal stakeholders and external vendors and partners. Strong desire to achieve program and professional growth.
Most Critical Proficiencies
a) Excellent project management skills specific to marketing, time management, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
b) Understanding of marketing channel reporting and experience optimizing campaigns by relevant KPIs.
c) Understanding of segmentation, list management, and deliverability.
d) Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, experience with pivot tables and advanced Excel functions preferred.
e) Experience with HTML, HTML editors, and Google Suite of Apps preferred.
f) Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must, prefer the ability to tailor communication for technical and non-technical audiences.
g) Able to respond to rapidly changing priorities.
h) Ability to be collaborative and to work on many different objectives with many stakeholders.
i) Must have technical and analytical experience associated a database or eCRM, and be comfortable with managing, updating and analyzing data.
j) Experience performing analytics to help target and increase fundraising opportunities and monitor end-to-end campaign performance.
k) In-depth understanding of email campaign performance metrics.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
a) Managing multiple tasks individually and in parallel while under a full workload and tight deadlines.
b) Ability to prepare and present reports in a well-designed and attractive format with impeccable attention to detail.
c) Ability to execute multiple tasks and execute overall project plans with a proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
d) Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours.
e) Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
f) Ability to function in a team environment.
g) Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
h) May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods of time.