The Email Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for executing email marketing automation processes for the Office of Admission, designed to recruit prospective students to attend the university. The individual will aid in designing and maintaining creative technology solutions to manage/oversee all email communication needs, improve efficiency, and elevate messaging to prospective students. They will be the subject matter expert and primary Admission-based administrator of email marketing automation systems on the Salesforce platform (including Pardot, FormAssembly, Mogli), primarily focused on creating digital experiences. The candidate must be highly collaborative, able to work with and indirectly influence and motivate multiple stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes, and enjoys understanding the technical processes undergirding systems and creating programming to further email marketing automation efforts. As the office and position is newly formed and still establishing its scope of work, this is a tremendous opportunity to lay a foundation for excellence.
This position will be based on either of MCPHS’ Boston or Worcester MA campus depending on the candidate’s location and interest, with occasional travel to the other campuses. The position offers a flexible work arrangement schedule.
- Leverages programming/coding knowledge and Salesforce’s native languages to develop email marketing communications within Salesforce platforms to create personalized, segmented, and behavioral-based communications based on audience data using programming languages such as HTML and Salesforce programming (AMPScript and Handlebars) with content provided, working with the Enrollment Marketing team to achieve goals
- Builds and executes email communications within Salesforce platforms (Pardot, Marketing Cloud) including audience lists, data extensions, email sends, automations, and testing. Communications include triggered, date-based, drip, and automated emails, plus text messages, landing pages, print.
- Works closely with Information Services, Senior Director of Admission Operations, to create, maintain, and monitor timely and accurate data flow and process integration between the Salesforce CRM and email marketing automation systems
- Creates forms, landing pages, and email templates to support marketing initiatives, information generation, and data capture.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe data and technical implementations, procedures, workflows logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections. Designs, develops, documents, and implements email marketing automation programming, procedures, and processes with appropriate levels of testing
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to ensure all technical and operational needs are met
- Stays current on trends in email marketing, automation, and higher education to leverage capabilities to amplify and personalize communications to prospective students
- Tracks, reports, and analyzes the performance of internal and external marketing activities, and ad-hoc analytic requests
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Assists with on-campus enrollment events, which may include nights and weekends on occasion
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressive experience, preferably managing email marketing automation efforts in a complex organization
- Certifications in marketing automation platforms and processes highly desired
- Strong set of broad technical skills and expertise with email marketing automation software
- Skilled at programming or markup languages such as HTML, CSS, XML, SQL, Apex, AMPscript, Handlebars Merge Language
- Familiar with CRMs, marketing automation processes, data visualization systems, and programming languages
- Experience working with complex files/tables and relational databases
- Extensive use of various marketing automation platforms (e.g., HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot) from execution of programs to systems design, database management and administration perspectives strongly desired, knowledge of Salesforce, Pardot, and/or Marketing Cloud preferred. Demonstrated competencies and/or ability to learn new systems and programming skills accepted in lieu of experience with Salesforce platforms
- Knowledge of higher education and areas of enrollment, admissions, and financial aid appreciated
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and able to accommodate changing priorities
- Experience with developing and manipulating data and reports, including creating and maintaining complex logic
- Detail-oriented, methodical, and thorough, ensuring data accuracy, integrity, and relevance
- Ability to analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated and tested on a regular basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption.
At MCPHS, we appreciate the importance of creating an environment in which everyone feels included and valued. Each of our Community members’ unique experiences and perspectives add value to our ability to create and deliver the best education, academic service, and employee experience possible.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical, vision, and dental insurance, generous time off, retirement and pension plans, and flexible work arrangements to support work/life balance for our employees while supporting the MCPHS mission.
MCPHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates a diverse community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.