K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
As an Email Marketing Automation Specialist, you will be a key member of the email marketing team. You will play a critical role in driving the marketing automation programs, to make a direct impact on school enrollments and communications with prospects and customers. You will be able to showcase your ideas and implement the latest trends to optimize our campaigns. Your contributions will support our goal of building awareness and driving demand for our innovative and personalized online education programs. You will collaborate across teams including CRM, analytics, creative, media, and school services. Our diverse team values your contributions, thrives on collaboration and celebrates successes together.
The Email Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for managing the marketing automation programs in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and email campaign execution, including data mapping, campaign setup and execution, and reporting on performance to stakeholders and internal teams. The Email Automation Specialist serves as the subject matter expert on K12’s Salesforce Marketing Cloud implementation and recommends best practices and automation strategies to meet our email marketing objectives.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Design and implement marketing automation journeys, including creating HTML emails, a/b tests, and customer data segmentation.
- Manage end-to-end email campaign production and execution for both ad-hoc and automated campaigns, including campaign set up, list segmentation, deployment, and reporting for internal stakeholders.
- Serve as the point of contact for all Salesforce Marketing Cloud requests, including automations, journeys, data sources and hygiene, and reporting.
- Collaborate with teams to translate marketing requirements into functional campaigns.
- Investigate data sources and implement processes to ensure the right data is synced with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, as well as recommend and implement improvements to our data hygiene.
- Help define strategic direction on segmentation business rules and execute and optimize audience segmentation for campaigns within the marketing platform.
- Optimize email deliverability, maintain positive e-mail reputation and health, and report on progress.
- Help develop and implement test plans with a disciplined approach to continually optimize email campaign performance via aggressive testing methodologies.
- Work with the Analytics team to proactively track, monitor, analyze, and report on campaign performance on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to define email campaign execution approaches as the lead resource on technical issues.
- Seek out new ideas, monitor industry trend, and recommend best practices to innovate our email campaigns.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- BS/BA Degree in Business or Marketing or relevant field AND
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience in building, testing and executing end-to-end marketing automation email campaigns and flows AND
- 5+ years of experience in building responsive HTML email campaigns, including QA testing, audience segmentation, and post-send reporting OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: Salesforce Marketing Cloud certification is preferred but not required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Technical and hands on experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Strong data evaluation skills, with the ability to extract and interpret data from various sources to offer creative marketing solutions and business decisions
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a strong sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Track record of managing complex marketing projects/program management
- Proven experience in project management skills with ability to prioritize workload
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills with ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical thinking, problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to leverage technology effectively
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Web proficiency
- Ability to clear required background check
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (minimal if any e.g. team building, events, or training)
- Database management and familiarity with SQL
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud certification
- Experience with Salesforce integration
- Basic understanding of HTML
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position