Pet Supermarket has an immediate need for a data-driven and detail-oriented Email Marketing Automation Manager to join our Digital Marketing team. This role leads the operations of B2C email communications and eCommerce subscriptions for the Pet Supermarket brand. The candidate will be responsible for execution and support in the areas of system integration, automated campaign development, deliverability reporting, and data integrity maintenance. This position is the channel ambassador for the company and will have strong knowledge of automated platforms, email best practices (creative, templates, content calendar, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, etc.), efficient implementation, and hands-on experience in HTML and CSS development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own email campaign development (e.g. build, QA, deployment, and analysis); This includes a mix of direct, hands-on execution and coordination with internal teams and external vendors
- Manage creation of B2C campaigns including transactional messages, nurturing, triggered sends, welcome/onboarding campaigns, and sales promotions.
- Identify effective ways to better target customers via segmentation and personalization tactics
- Lead marketing automation projects such as AutoShip, including system implementations and maintenance
- Monitor email deliverability, remediate issues/blacklists and drive strategy to improve inbox placement and engagement
- Build segmentation filters for campaigns in marketing automation tool, with BI or with other 3rd party data and load to marketing automation tool to implement customer journeys
- Develop test strategies and apply data-driven analysis to optimize marketing automation campaign performance
- Work with Marketing, Merchandising, Creative, and IT teams to develop scalable, personalized messages
- Create and maintain key reports, dashboards with BI and Customer Analytics team, with the ability to interpret and communicate insights on data
- Utilize competitive industry and business analysis to identify new marketing opportunities and improve results of current initiatives
- Manage key vendor relationships such as marketing cross-sell partners and technology vendors
- Set up back-end work (segmentation, deployment time, final sending) of all campaigns and work with marketing automation vendors
- Provide additional digital marketing and website support as needed.
- Explore and evaluate digital platforms for email, SMS, mobile push alerts and other touchpoints.
Experience, Education, Certifications (List minimum required to enter the role)
- 3-5 years of experience building, deploying and optimizing B2C email campaigns of various types.
- Bachelors in Business, Marketing, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or Computer Science preferred.
- Experience executing emails campaigns with enterprise Email Service Providers (ESPs), especially Oracle Responsys, SalesForce Marketing Cloud / Exact Target, or Marketo
- Experience with data integration methods and tools including APIs, webhooks, FTP/SFTP-based batch file transfers, and/or ETL processes
- Movable Ink experience preferred
- Receptive to coaching and always learning – in tune with shifting trends in e-mail marketing and retail/e-commerce marketing.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and perform under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- High initiative and forward thinking.
- Ability to be both a self-starter and team player.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, and logic
- Data-oriented, able to interpret metrics and large datasets and make decisions based on analysis
- Ability to make sound recommendations that are backed by clear insights and clean data
- Creative and innovative thinker, organized, and solution oriented.
- Strong organization skills and work ethic.
- Understanding of deliverability, CAN-SPAM, CCPA and GDPR compliant practices
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS coding
- Proficient in Excel
- Jira, Confluence or other task collaboration tools
- Excellent communication skills