Yellowbrick is a global leader in online education and career exploration for the Arts, Media, Entertainment, and Sports industries. We develop exciting, accessible online programs in collaboration with top brands in media and culture (e.g. Rolling Stone, Complex, Billboard) and with world-renowned universities (e.g. Parsons, NYU Tisch, FIT). Our mission is to help a new generation of talent discover, pursue, and advance career paths that are aligned with the things they love.
We are looking for an accomplished marketer with expertise in email marketing automation and conversion rate optimization to join our team (remote options are available.)
The Email Marketing Automation & Optimization Manager will work closely with the CMO, as well as other colleagues across business areas, to drive revenue growth through planning, execution, and optimization of every aspect of Yellowbrick’s customer acquisition funnel and CRM programs – including lead nurturing and conversion, cross-sell and upsell, lead acquisition, and engagement.
The ideal candidate is someone who combines a marketing mindset with technical expertise, with an eye toward optimization, segmentation, testing and conversion rate optimization throughout the full funnel. An automation expert who takes pride in staying informed and up to date with the email industry in everything from deliverability, to send frequency, to subject line best practices and creative approaches.
- Own and execute email automation and lead nurturing strategy, tactics, and campaigns, to deliver on conversion and revenue goals, including continually modifying and adjusting those strategies based on results
- Identify and implement tools and technology that will enable campaign success and improve performance (e.g. Zapier, chatbot integration, etc.)
- Plan, develop, and execute acquisition, lead nurture, lead generation, cross-sell, and engagement campaigns using multiple channels including email, SMS, push, etc.
- Manage email marketing campaign calendars
- Build and deploy emails and automations in our email platform (Active Campaign)
- Optimize marketing automations for performance across a variety of metrics including conversions, engagement, list health, deliverability, and open rate
- Work closely with marketing team to optimize conversion points throughout the full customer journey
- Oversee the marketing database and segmentation strategy and ensure data quality
- Standardize and optimize marketing automation processes and QA procedures to ensure successful delivery of campaigns
- Implement and track A/B testing strategies and testing roadmap to drive continuous performance improvements
- Advance personalization and segmentation capabilities, lead-score modeling and database management practices
- Work with Creative Director to develop best-in-class email creative
- 3+ years experience with marketing automation platforms such as Active Campaign (preferred), Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua, Hubspot, etc.
- Hands-on experience managing customer acquisition email automations for a B2C business
- A solid understanding of email principles including design, build and deliverability
- Strong understanding and knowledge of email best practices, innovation, and technologies, including customer segmentation and lead scoring
- Proficient in HTML/ CSS and email coding principles
- Experience using Zapier and implementing webhooks and tracking pixels
- A proven track record of driving customer acquisition and retention through industry best practices in email marketing (Experience managing SMS messaging, chatbot, and other channels a plus.)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret data and provide actionable insights
- Ability to write compelling copy targeted at various audiences
- Obsessive attention to detail; well organized and able to meet deadlines
- Personal interest in and/or knowledge of fashion, beauty, sports, film, performing arts, or music a plus
Why work at Yellowbrick?
We’re on a mission to inspire the next generation of talent to pursue their passions and discover their dream careers. To fulfill that mission, you’ll join a highly talented and mission-driven team that is passionate about making a measurable impact on our customers, our partners, and our organization.
- Transparent and social culture
- Challenging and fulfilling work that makes an impact
- Collaborative environment with meaningful feedback
- Strong ownership and autonomy to produce great work
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Health, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Unlimited vacation with major holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions
- Unlimited access to Yellowbrick’s education programs