Our vision is to put more money into independents pockets by making it easier to team up and make more.
Wethos hopes to empower the next generation of fully-remote business owners to work more flexibly, create more jobs, and define success on their own terms. We're a fully remote and distributed company with a strong culture of trust, freedom, and accountability. We're growing our business every month, we're well-funded, and we're investing heavily in our platform.
We’re looking for an Email Marketing Associate to join us on our mission to put more money into the pockets of independents everywhere.
You will report to the Director of Product Marketing and your unique challenge will be to craft lifecycle communications that adapt the user journey as Wethos evolves our product and future services.
As a key member of the product marketing team, your role will be to manage and execute end-to-end lifecycle communications across email and in-platform, from planning through to deployment and analysis. You will help define the key touchpoints in the user journey, and build, track, and improve lifecycle campaigns to help Wethos users reach milestones along the way.
Working with the Product and Customer Experience (CX) teams, you’ll craft messages that provide the right context, at the right time, to turn signups into active engaged users and those engaged users into Wethos advocates. As part of the product marketing team, you will focus on building our user retention and expansion strategy through collaboration with the Director of Product Marketing and, when applicable, cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate has a user retention and engagement marketing background with analytical and communication skills. This person might also geek out a little about marketing automation and be inquisitive.
This is a Tier 1 role which has a salary range of $50K-$75K.
Here is what you will do:
- Work with Director of Product Marketing to help create a detailed email and lifecycle marketing strategy based on product marketing, business, and user needs
- Own email and in-platform lifecycle marketing, including pulling audiences, defining segmentation, copywriting, and other necessary campaign planning and deployment
- Manage the email/lifecycle marketing calendar, including brief creation, managing timelines and creative support, executing and prioritizing new lifecycle messaging, and scheduling sends
- Ensure high quality and error free implementation, testing, and QA of email/lifecycle campaigns, including remaining current on email best practices and U.S. CAN-SPAM compliance
- Assist Director of Product Marketing with recommendations and creation of ongoing A/B tests of user segmentation, subject lines, send times, content, and more
- Partner with the Senior Growth Manager to conduct A/B tests and analyze results to yield insights that improve user engagement, user retention, and conversion rates
- Own data and post-campaign reporting as well as analysis of email/lifecycle messaging effectiveness against Wethos business objectives and key results
- Collaborate with Product and CX teams to support business objectives that generate value from lifecycle communications
- Partner with Director of Product Marketing and cross-functional teams to improve work processes, research new platforms and solutions, and provide guidance and updates on new industry features
- Focus on what is urgent-important, to-do lists are your jam and previous leaders have loved you because you get high-impact things done
We are looking for someone with these kinds of experiences:
- At least 2+ years of experience working with and deploying lifecycle and email marketing programs, or marketing operations
- Experience working with email marketing software such as Mailchimp, Intercom, Braze, Hubspot, Iterable or similar Email Service Provider (ESP)
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices and engagement metrics
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, or other tag-based Web analytics solutions, as well as skills with spreadsheet software (i.e. Excel, Google Sheets)
- Ability to set deadlines, prioritize projects, and keep the team informed on project status
- Self-motivated attitude with effective problem-solving, communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Exposure to digital marketing strategy, marketing campaigns, and/or user experience in the financial tech industry
- Desire and curiosity to learn, improve, and expand technical and strategic skills
Members of identity groups who have been excluded in society for centuries tend to read a job description and not apply unless they believe that they fit 100% of the listed responsibilities. Do not allow such a thought to stop you from applying to this role. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, LGBTQ2IA+, or any other historically excluded groups are encouraged to apply.
Wethos is a fully remote company in the United States and Canada. You should be remote within a time zone that is manageable for collaboration across CST and EST.
At Wethos, we work alongside people who put our users at the heart of every decision we make—diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values, and the commitment we have for putting more money into the pockets of independents everywhere. We create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. You will explore new challenges, learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A range of medical, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna (Wethos covers 50% of plan costs)
- Flexible paid time off and quarterly mental health days
- Parental leave
- A remote work stipend
- A retirement savings plan
- Equity in the company
- Annual company retreats