The Business of Fashion is seeking a data-driven Email Marketing Associate to contribute to growth targets for our BoF Professional membership and Careers propositions, across both B2C and B2B audiences, globally.
The Email Marketing Associate will leverage customer insight, segmentation and testing to execute highly relevant lifecycle and next-best-action communications, using our customer engagement platform, Braze.
Working with the Marketing Specialist this is an exciting opportunity to join a small growth marketing team, with the overall goal of growing the number of users regularly engaging with BoF news, analysis, special reports, education and events.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
With previous experience in an email marketing or CRM role, you will be directly accountable for leveraging our best-in-class customer engagement platform Braze to execute, test and report on automated next-best-action communications; whilst assisting the wider Growth Marketing team with segmentation and selections for product marketing campaigns.
In being successful in this role, you will;
- Work hand-in-hand with the Marketing Specialist, Customer Engagement & Retention to identify key customer engagement growth segments and priorities
- Leverage our customer engagement platform Braze, to test and execute highly relevant automated lifecycle campaigns across multiple channels, onsite messaging and email, including onboarding, retention and win-back programs
- Manage a suite of email and messaging templates as well as craft and proof copy that’s both compelling and on brand
- Support the wider growth marketing team on with campaign set up, segmentation and scheduling to enable product marketing launches and curated campaigns
- Assist and provide recommendations to the wider growth marketing team on campaign deliverability, testing and automation
- Provide regular reports and analysis on all key lifecycle campaigns and on the general health of the marketable customer database
- Help instill email and CRM best practice to ensure ever higher levels of engagement with the BoF brand content and report all key lifecycle campaign performance metrics and provide recommendations for testing and optimisation
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with our Braze account manager
Who You Are
A data-driven marketer with experience of executing outbound email or CRM programs, you will be confident with creating, proofing, monitoring and reporting on customer engagement or lifecycle communications.
You won’t need experience in fashion, but will need the ability to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment, combined with the following skills to set you up for success:
- An understanding of customer segmentation, personalisation and the role of customer engagement and retention within a growth marketing framework
- Experience of devising and executing email or CRM campaigns using a customer engagement platform (such as Braze), email marketing platform (such as MailChimp) or marketing automation platform (such as Marketo or Active Campaign)
- Good data literacy, including the ability to track and report campaign performance, using Google Analytics, Excel and PowerPoint; experience of working with email performance or customer engagement metrics
- The ability to devise testing and optimisation plans, founded in customer insight
- Excellent written English, including the ability to craft and proof compelling email copy
- Effective stakeholder management skills, a positive attitude and a willingness to work as part of a small growth team in which priorities and workload sometimes shift
- Experience of managing large scale email campaigns and/or personalisation would be an advantage
- Subscription or membership marketing experience is desirable, including an appreciation of the role of marketing within a content-led, recurring-revenue business
- Training on the Braze platform will be provided as needed
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
- You are consistently growing the number of customers regularly engaging with BoF news, analysis, special reports, education and events
- Key performance metrics are consistently reported and well understood across the business
- You are leveraging the Braze platform effectively and in line with best practice
- You are delivering highly relevant, integrated customer experiences