At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors. Our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
About The Team
The Lifecycle team is on the front line of our direct and triggered communications to our customer base — crucial to the success of Scribd! We serve recommendations and lifecycle emails to millions of Scribd users around the world. Our team is a hybrid of marketers and engineers who are passionate about the impact of lifecycle notifications.
We’re looking for an email marketing associate who shares this drive and is excited about scaling our program by building robust processes, ensuring a clean narrative between brand and inbox, and working cross-functionally as part of a kick-ass team.
About The Role
As the linchpin between internal customers and the user’s inbox, you’ll ensure that our transactional and marketing email program scales to meet growing business needs.
You'll be responsible for managing our growing pipeline of brand announcements and editorial campaigns, from brief intake and calendaring to campaign building and reporting. You’ll partner with our email designer/developer and senior email marketing specialist to build out a suite of dynamic templates and behavioral user segments, and you’ll help to develop new touchpoints and run tests to consistently improve the impact our emails have in the user lifecycle.
In short, you’ll coordinate and execute our email campaigns, and you’ll work with stakeholders to grow the impact of these campaigns over time!
You’re an email rockstar with a passion for scaling and optimizing email programs. You show up every day and believe in the power of consistent process. You love understanding other people’s ideas and thoughts as much as you enjoy expressing your own. You don’t skimp on QA and testing, and you thrive on giving and receiving constructive feedback in service of developing a great user experience. You are always learning and working to improve your craft.
Bonus points if you've worked on a global scale before; with either another subscription service or a similarly content-centric or app-based company; or in an agency or similar high-volume, process-oriented environment.
Most importantly, you’re excited to help build the lifecycle email program at a growing company; you think in terms of systems instead of one-off solutions; and you maintain a positive energy that inspires the people around you.
On any day you might
- Build and send emails for a variety of audience segments and lifecycle stages
- Review and contribute to email briefs and test plans
- Report on the performance of your campaigns to senior team members
- Edit image assets in Photoshop and Sketch or email mocks in Figma
- Troubleshoot nitty-gritty HTML/CSS or Handlebars questions
- QA dynamic content, responsive templates, and translations
- Develop and document best practices and process documentation
You Have The Following Qualifications
- 2+ years professional experience with email
- Experience with HTML and CSS for email
- Experience with design or image-editing software
- Familiarity with A/B testing and reporting
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Four-year degree or equivalent professional experience
- Bonus points for experience with Iterable
Benefits & Perks Of Life At Scribd
- Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents.
- Leaves: Paid Parental leave, and 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
- Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
- Referral bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
- Learning & Development and Coaching programs
- Monthly flexible Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
- Luma by Concern, our mental health digital platform
- Work Life Balance flexibility
- Company events + Scribdchats
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.