At MATTER, we believe collaboration is the best way to improve healthcare. The MATTER collaborative includes more than 200 cutting-edge startups from around the world, working together with dozens of hospitals and health systems, universities and industry-leading companies to build the future of healthcare. Together we are accelerating innovation, advancing care and improving lives. For more information, visit matter.health and follow @MATTERhealth.
About the role
The MATTER marketing and engagement team is responsible for telling the MATTER story through content, events and communications that span a variety of platforms and channels. We are looking for a detail-oriented and analytical email marketing associate to help boost MATTER’s recruitment and retention efforts.
This is a brand new position that would play a key role in the process of transitioning our email communications from MailChimp to Pardot. Our ideal candidate is passionate about marketing technologies and can generate creative ideas to convert leads and keep current customers engaged. You are comfortable collaborating on cross-functional projects that serve both internal and external customers. You have a keen eye for detail and understand how to leverage brand voice and tone to reach different customer segments.
This position reports to the digital marketing manager, with oversight from the director of marketing and engagement.
Location: This position is open to remote applicants. Bonus if you live within commuting distance to Chicago, IL.
In this role, you will:
- Write our regular email communications (weekly events mailer, weekly membership mailer, partnership newsletters and one-off emails)
- Maintain, suggest and execute improvements to email templates
- Manage all marketing functions of our CRM and associated tools; collaborating with the MATTER operations team to ensure technical
- Lead quality assurance for email marketing
- Facilitate email audience growth, management and privacy compliance
- Monitor engagement metrics for existing members and partners and set and monitors KPIs and benchmarks for email marketing
- Conduct social listening (through social media, Slack, Google Alerts and [email protected]) and draft social media posts to share relevant client news; building strong client relationships through social media interaction
- Collaborate with MATTER events and sales teams to:
- Manage the conversion of events and website leads into our CRM system
- Develop email marketing strategies for leads
- Create multi-level automations
- Segment audiences and build lead lists
- Support our director of marketing and engagement in the deployment of quarterly surveys
- Collaborate with the digital marketing manager to contribute to the development of product and program messaging based on customer personas, industry and marketing trends
- 2-4 years of experience as an email marketing coordinator or digital marketing coordinator
- Experience using email marketing, CRM and database technology (Salesforce/Pardot, Mailchimp, etc)
- Exposure to social media management platforms (Sprout, Hootsuite, etc)
- Understanding of Google Analytics and SEO/SEM trends and tactics
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Strong written communication and copywriting skills
- Solid project management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail — especially under tight deadlines
We recruit individuals who are passionate about our mission and who exemplify our values:
- Be the host
- Make others successful
- Speak your mind
- Turn over rocks
- Never stop experimenting
Commitment to diversity
MATTER welcomes and actively encourages individuals of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for our team and our community.