Founded in 1936, CR has a mission to create a fair and just marketplace for all. Widely known for our rigorous research and testing of products and services, we also survey millions of consumers each year, report extensively on marketplace issues, and advocate for consumer rights and protections around safety, digital rights, financial fairness, and sustainability. CR is independent and nonprofit.
CR’s digital newsletters are the fastest growing portion of our free tier membership. Our newsletter portfolio, which currently consists of 9 titles, is expanding to offer even more buying advice, tips, news, and insights from our experts while providing access to member benefits.
The Email Marketing Associate will execute the production and performance of each newsletter, working with our Content and Marketing teams to ensure content selection is data-driven based on KPIs and analytics, assets and copy reach our Email Service Provider (ESP) on schedule and that post delivery reporting is analyzed and shared with relevant stakeholders.
What you will do
- Oversee newsletter production workflow, including working with individual editors on content and assets, scheduling, preparing issues for delivery to our ESP, deployment and providing post-delivery analysis.
- Work with Content to provide complete copy and visual assets to ESP.
- Balance and approve counts; troubleshoot anomalies and respond/research email related member relations complaints.
- Report on all newsletter campaigns.
- Act as a marketing liaison on additional newsletter offerings.
What We Need to See:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years online/direct email marketing or traditional direct response membership marketing experience.
- Hands-on experience overseeing newsletter production workflow or email campaigns.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools and analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
- Proven ability to manage projects to tight deadlines.
What We'd Love to See:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as well independently
- Prior experience with Zeta, or other ESP.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Consumer Reports
At CR, we believe our continued ability to understand and advance the interests of all American consumers is possible only if our staff fully reflects the full cultural, racial and ethnic diversity of those consumers.
Consumer Reports is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.