Who We Are
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student financing and payments platform that makes career-advancing education more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before.
Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to healthcare, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding.
We provide learners with financing and payment options that are priced and structured to meet the unique needs of those seeking career elevation and increased earning power.
Climb Credit’s mission is to expand access to career advancing education and we aim to do this for all communities. Therefore, we are committed to building a workforce that’s a representation of our learners. Climb fosters an inclusive work environment to all its employees; We celebrate diverse representation and diverse thinking.
To further this commitment, we’ve set a goal to promote inclusivity and equity in our workplace internally and with schools and financing providers externally. We do this through our company DEI Taskforce meetings to work through these initiatives. Climb acknowledges its power in providing access to educational opportunities and the positive impact of diversity, which is why we have taken on this commitment to push forward this work. We encourage our employees to be their most authentic selves and strive to create, nurture and sustain an inclusive culture for our employees and learners.
- Drive access and inclusivity
- Build a better system
- Own the solution
- Iterate and experiment
- Succeed together
Overview of Role:
Climb is seeking a data-driven and creative Email Marketing Associate to join the Marketing team and own communication automation—including email and SMS—throughout the user lifecycle. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, your responsibilities will include management of communication touchpoints in both the B2B and B2B2C funnels, ownership of the marketing automation platform, and optimization of conversion rates between funnel points. You’ll collaborate closely with the Content Marketing Manager, the Product team, and the Demand Generation Associate to ensure every piece of the user funnel is working in tandem. You’ll also work closely with the Customer Success team and Sales team to ensure that transactional communications in both funnels are effective and enjoyable for our users. This is a great opportunity to build complex communications funnels and strategies upon a solid messaging foundation!
Role and Responsibility
- Own all B2B and B2B2C communications and manage the marketing automation platform. Product Marketing experience is a plus!
- Build communication campaigns leveraging both email and SMS to engage users and increase conversion throughout the funnel.
- Own the development of automated and manual marketing communication campaigns from initial concept ideation to legal review to launch and results reporting.
- Work closely with the Demand Generation Associate to create nurture campaigns and to convert leads gathered from digital campaigns.
- Work closely with the content and design teams in the development of all email marketing assets.
- Work with the content and product teams to develop segmentation strategies and A/B tests.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Student Success, Product, Partnerships, etc.) to support other teams’ needs through the campaigns.
- Regularly report on email performance, tracking progress towards campaign goals and sharing key insights with various cross-functional audiences.
- Spearhead ideation of new campaigns to increase conversion and collaborate with the digital marketing team to increase user acquisition at the top of the funnel.
Who you Are:
- You have 1-3 years of relevant work experience, including at least 1 year of experience in an email marketing or marketing automation role
- On the “Artist to Scientist” scale of marketing, you’re either right in the middle or you lean more to the “Scientist” side.
- You have experience with marketing automation platforms such as SendGrid, Salesforce, Iterable, Mailchimp, and/or Hubspot (strongly preferred)
- You have experience reporting on email Analytics, creating dashboards, and drawing insights from your data.
- You understand the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email and SMS compliance.
- You've demonstrated success by A/B testing subject headers, copy, and creative
- You’re excited to be part of a mission-driven start-up, and to grow and adapt your work to meet the needs of growing audiences.
- You are excited to exhibit Climb’s values in your daily work—particularly “Building a Better System” and “Owning the Solution”
- You thrive in a fast-paced working environment, and are comfortable owning projects with little hands-on management.
Climb earned a spot on Inc Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing companies in 2020!
We’ve raised hundreds of millions of dollars of lending capital from financiers such as The Blackstone Group and Goldman Sachs. We are currently 40 passionate technologists and business people excited to be changing the face of modern education.
Read about us in the news, check out our company values, and find us on Comparably.
Climb Credit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.