Basepaws is a unique pet genetics company located in Los Angeles, CA. We create the world’s most innovative genetic and microbiome tests for pets, and are leaders in companion animal genetics, creating a world where pets and their people benefit from insights powered by DNA, microbiome, and other pet-relevant data. We focus on the use of high throughput sequencing approaches, computational biology, systems biology, and machine learning to identify novel genetic variants and microbiome characteristics that may influence a pet's health. Our products span genetics, microbiome, nutrition, and therapeutic applications.
Who you are:
The Email marketing coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the brand owned digital email & SMS channels. They will assist, support, and coordinate our email and SMS program in order to attract new leads, convert prospects, and engage customers. The ideal person for this role is an organized, proactive, detail-oriented person who can prioritize, meet tight deadlines, identify opportunities, and is comfortable with ambiguity. The right candidate will have a solid understanding of email creation, list management, and campaign building.
- Support the management and execution of daily email & SMS initiatives, including project status tracking, email creation, QA testing processes, and reporting.
- Work with the email team to develop and continually improve email modules, templates, processes, and customer engagement.
- Build & schedule acquisition and retention marketing email and SMS blasts.
- Set up A/B subject line, creative and copy tests.
- Build mobile & desktop emails in Klaviyo using the WYSIWYG editor with the use of existing templates and email modules built by the design agency.
- Proofread all copy from Lifecycle copywriter to ensure no grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors.
- Communicate processes for developing lifecycle marketing campaigns across full marketing & vet/science team. Seek ways to continuously improve the processes and communication structure to streamline the asset creation process.
- Project manage day-to-day lifecycle programs and ensure projects are running smoothly.
- Develop, manage, and track campaign reporting efforts (Klaviyo, Google Analytics, and Attentive).
- Monitor and report on the success of campaigns and A/B tests. Assist with weekly/monthly email program reporting and analysis by updating the tracking documentation so we can make improvements to future campaigns based on this data.
- Assign tasks (with detailed instructions for the creative) to the design team for emails, SMS imagery, popups, etc. (whatever creative you need designed).
- Make sure the Google Drive folders are updated with all email pngs, email PSDs (or source files), checklists, infographics, etc.
- Will keep our content repository spreadsheet updated with new content & add old content.
- Assist in updating the lifecycle content gap analysis spreadsheet with content that’s already been made and ideas for future content.
- Make sure the master marketing calendar is updated and all tasks are properly linked to appropriate boards, projects, and tasks to ensure visibility across the marketing team.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or related field
- 1 - 3 years of hands-on experience in email marketing, CRM, or customer loyalty.
- Experience using Klaviyo or other similar ESP.
- Be a self-starter and able to move projects forward, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Understand and have knowledge of Google Analytics OR have the ability to learn new systems and platforms quickly.
- Experience reporting on progress and providing daily, weekly and monthly status updates.
- Strong written and oral communications skills with ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders for input, reviews, and approvals.
- Impeccable attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Excellent time management, strong organization and ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced team environment.
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
Locations, Hours, & Pay:
- Location: Remote (US, Canada)
- Hours: ~20 hrs / week; more hours can be available on a case by case basis.
- Pay: $20-$25 / hour, paid monthly. This role has a massive opportunity for growth as we are a small and rapidly growing team.